Cannot get in touch with Airbnb via resloution center

Cannot get in touch with Airbnb via resloution center

Hey there!

I had a bit of a not-so-smooth guest encounter for my first time hosting. The guests left the front door actually opened (it was that way for 4 days due to the fact I was out of town), left the coffee maker on which burnt up... and someone slept on the white linen sofa with either excessive fake tanner or makeup on leaving the cushions fully stained.

I have requested the amount for new coffee maker and to have the sofa cushions dry cleaned... but of course the guest will not respond.

Every time I do the  "involve Airbnb" option it just spirals out and says "something went wrong"

How can I get directly intouch with Airbnb to resolve this from the previous guest?!

Thank you!

6 Replies 6
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Have you tried

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/264/what-do-i-do-if-my-guest-breaks-something-in-my-place

If that doesn't work, call them to ask why it doesn't. If you have had new guests check in already it will be too late, there is a time limit which is pretty generous unless new check in has happened.

Open doors is something which happens, I occasionally (rarely, but it certainly happens) come to find the front and back doors wide open after guests have left.If you are out of town it is a great idea to have a friend go past and take a quick look that everything is secure, and nothing left on. I constantly find radiators etc left on.

What is wrong with people? I’ve had people leave lights on, but so far, thats about it. I’d be upset if someone was so careless as to leave the doors open. Not cool🙄

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Madalyn1

I agree with @Sandra126 - great feedback as always.

Give BNB a call - and ask them to help you resolve - contact details 1st post in this forum

Nancy188
Level 1
Miami, FL

I have a Guest who is messaging me with complaints that he saw roaches on the plates and silverware and want to get the refund. I inmediatly answered that so far none of the previus guest had have that type of complain, but i will send the exterminator right away, he replied that is out of the condo and will be in the unit at night. How do I protect myself and what should i do ?

The guy sounds like a nut if you ask me. You poor thing. ❤️

Camilla28
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

You can phone them - takes awhile ro get through