Cant log in on mobile app

Pasek0
Level 4
Ubud, ID

Cant log in on mobile app

I'm unable to log in on the mobile app because it says:  'you do not have permission to access this resource'!!!

And yet I can log in on my laptop okay using the same log in.

This is really frustrating because I just had to rush home to accept a booking from a guest who wants to arrive today because I couldn't log in on my phone while I was in the restaurant (and, yes, I had a signal there).

What is going on?... because this happened a few days ago too, then all of a sudden it worked okay again.  Now it is happening again.

29 Replies 29
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Pasek0, here is a possibility if this keeps happening - just to keep you from having to leave your entrée to run to a laptop. You say you had a signal in the restaurant, and you must have data if you use the app. So the app wasn't working, but you can also get to Airbnb and your listing through your phone's browser - Safari or whatever you have for Internet on your phone. Hope that helps a bit. I know it doesn't address the larger app problem.

Terrie4
Level 1
Merced, CA

This mess keeps happening to me too and I am sick of it. Its gotten to where the airbnb is my LAST resort because I know that about 75% of the time I will get an error and cant book. I am fully verified as a guest, my payment info is good, and I have never created duplicate accounts, I only have this one account with AirBnB so, this problem is not with me. I cant ook from my computer or my iphone app, both error out. So, I guess this issue is fatal to my relationship with AirBnB as I am out of town right now & cant book for tonight.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Terrie4,

Lovely to meet you and welcome to the Community Center.

I am sorry to hear your difficulties with booking through the site and app. It may have been due to some updates we have been releasing over the past few days. This said, did you manage to book in the end?

Speak to you soon.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

No I was never able to book that location. I've searched google and apparently others who gst this error have never been able to resolve it. This also happened to me for no reason last month when I traveled & I had to book a hotel room instead. 

same thing...just downloaded it and tried to log in all 3 ways 😞

Dear All

Ive got the same problem logging in on my phone,I delete me app and download it again,still the same problem saying LOG IN ERROR.

It is frustrating,can somebody pls advise me,thanks

Regards

Rovina

Hey rovina,

I have the same problem. Let me know if u find an answer - I really am out of ideas what to try. 

I will try to contact airbnb directly and will let you know if I get an answer. But it seems to be hard to get in contact.

Best,

Ilka

Lizzie, I too get th8is eoor message whenever I log into messages from my phone.  I get alerts, but when I go to look, and refresh the emails it does not let me.  I have to run home whenever I get an alert.  PLEASE HELP!

Mark1256
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I am sorry Lizzie, but the app is not working. I have been trying to log into the app now for two months and the app gives me a message that there is a connect error, even though I am connecting to you now using the hotspot from my mobile device. The Airbnb app sucks and it's a nightmare for hosts and our guests.

your online help service is poor too.

Ilka13
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

I have the same problem and also reinstalled the app several times but nothing changes

Peter872
Level 2
George, South Africa

Same problem here with my app on Andriod. still not working. lost a booking because of it.

Mark1256
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Its about time airbnb produced an app that actually works for hosts and co-hosts. I can't carry my laptop around with me all day, and so I can literally only check in with my guests before and after work. This is a very poor service level in the virtual world.

Raymond180
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hello can somebody help

See my post.