Cant verify phone #

Answered!
Peggy39
Level 2
Mandeville, LA

Cant verify phone #

I can't verify my cell phone number that I want to use?  I get this message below.  What am I doing wrong.  It's a good mobile #.  Help!

Sorry, we cannot send verification code to this number. Please make sure you input the correct mobile number.

Add a phone number:
+1
1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Peggy39,

Your best option is to contact Airbnb customer service.

If you've entered the number fully and in the format they require it may be that there's some problem with their database of phone numbers.

Contact information for them can be found if you type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on this community help forum main page.

When you do this, one suggestion that will be listed is "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide". Click on that.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

59 Replies 59
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Peggy39,

Your best option is to contact Airbnb customer service.

If you've entered the number fully and in the format they require it may be that there's some problem with their database of phone numbers.

Contact information for them can be found if you type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on this community help forum main page.

When you do this, one suggestion that will be listed is "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide". Click on that.

Steve.

Dear AIRBNB,

I have difficulty to  complete registration  as a new  host.

After nice work till step 2 in registering process , I  cannot proceed further as  system refuses to VERIFY MY PHONE NUMBER  ( +382 ) Montenegro  than my mobile No. ** .

When I try to verify  and  get  from you 4 digits CODE  as required , by   SMS or CALL,  nothing happens (there is no your SMS or call notice) , so CANNOT PROCEED FURTHER !

It is 4 days that I’m trying in vain.

Please advice what to do .

Thank you,

Sincerely

Milan**

e-mail : 

mob.tel.:**

**[Contact details removed - Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise or share contact details on the Community Center. 

Monique342
Level 1
Saint John's, Antigua and Barbuda

I am experiencing this problem as well. Would love to know how to solve it.

I was told by another woman that if you have one of the inexpensive phone plans, such as Cricket, for example, they will not accept it.  Which is absurd.

Airbnb customer service has been useless. 

i tried support. They were clueless. 62ADFD32-E18C-4446-B9DE-824086EC0552.jpeg I have tried six different phone numbers from family and not one worked in the personal info section. It took the phone number of my emergency contact number section but nothing will work in the section for my contact number. I have been talking to support and they are clueless. I have been told I have to wait two weeks for their engineers! So frustrating!! 

Same problem here, I can't verifiy my phone number.

Having the same problem, how hard is it to verify a number ... Seems almost impossible!

Marcin44
Level 1
Koziegłowy, Poland

Same here. From very morning I receive information I reached maximum attempts 😞 .

I have experienced the same thing since last evening.  I do not want to spend any more money on hotels.  Does this mean we cannot book because of our phone plans?  That is absurd, but this is what another woman said.  I do not know if that is a ligament statement.  You cannot call Air BnB customer service either without a verified phone number.

Christine2389
Level 1
Hatboro, PA

I am in Arlington Va. I have been trying to book since last night. It will not verify my number from a Cricket phone plan. So because of my phone plan, I cannot book a stay?  That is absurd.  What can I do?

Try Home Away!

Peggy39
Level 2
Mandeville, LA

Try another booking vehicle.  Airbnb Customer Service should be able to help.

Rachel1733
Level 3
New York, NY

Had this error. Customer service (chat & over the phone) did not help. Read online in a thread to try changing your account password and then try entering in your phone number under profile information. For me, that did the trick in 2 minutes after an hour with Airbnb support.