Cant verify phone #

Answered!
Peggy39
Level 2
Mandeville, LA

Cant verify phone #

I can't verify my cell phone number that I want to use?  I get this message below.  What am I doing wrong.  It's a good mobile #.  Help!

Sorry, we cannot send verification code to this number. Please make sure you input the correct mobile number.

Add a phone number:
+1
1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Peggy39,

Your best option is to contact Airbnb customer service.

If you've entered the number fully and in the format they require it may be that there's some problem with their database of phone numbers.

Contact information for them can be found if you type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on this community help forum main page.

When you do this, one suggestion that will be listed is "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide". Click on that.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

59 Replies 59

This totally worked!!!  So glad to find this workaround.  Thanks Rachel for adding it here.   I was on the phone with Airbnb when I found this thread...told the customer service rep too as I suspect they have to get calls about this a lot.

I'm so grateful to have found this solution before contacting customer service. I didn't even have to change my password. Just updated my phone number to my account on a different tab, hit refresh on the order confirmation page, and perfection. Thank you Thank you. 

Thank you so much! This worked for my husband after much frustration!

Hi I tried this but no luck. I even created a new email to set up my account and got the same problem. The Support are clueless, telling me I have to wait two weeks for a solution! 

No luck with this. It’s so frustrating and Support keeps closing my case. 

This worked way better than the top post not sure why this isn't the top post

Eric5072
Level 2
Raleigh, NC

This is still a problem with the AirBNB site. I just contacted customer service and the rep said he was going to call me back once he has found a solution. (!!) Does VRBO have this problem?

Nope, just Airbnb! I've opened 6 tickets over the issue because reps just keep closing my tickets with no solution. Super frustrated. 

Jenai4
Level 2
George Town, Cayman Islands

Did you ever get the issue resolved?

I'm currently experiencing this and even lost a booking because no one could resolve this issue. 

OMG the same here. They are clueless. 

Same problem here. Please advise 

Same issue here.  Airbnb wants me to "change my number".  Haha.  Anyone know how to get around the Airbnb "high risk" phone number issue. Had my number for over 10 years, use Verizon, and it is my only number....

I keep having the same issue and I cannot verify my number. Customer support keeps telling me to just use another number as if I can just pull another number from thin air.

@Christopher1325  It's so absurd. I was also told to enter a different phone number when my text alerts stopped coming. Do they really think that most people have more than one phone and phone number? 

Agree! I have 2 numbers but it will not accept them. I even tried friends and family numbers and all send the same error.