Cant verify phone #

Answered!
Peggy39
Level 2
Mandeville, LA

Cant verify phone #

I can't verify my cell phone number that I want to use?  I get this message below.  What am I doing wrong.  It's a good mobile #.  Help!

Sorry, we cannot send verification code to this number. Please make sure you input the correct mobile number.

Add a phone number:
+1
1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Peggy39,

Your best option is to contact Airbnb customer service.

If you've entered the number fully and in the format they require it may be that there's some problem with their database of phone numbers.

Contact information for them can be found if you type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on this community help forum main page.

When you do this, one suggestion that will be listed is "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide". Click on that.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

59 Replies 59

So this is how I got to work for me:  

1.  Add your number under account settings:  https://www.airbnb.com/account-settings

2.  You should then receive a text with a code to enter into the site

3.  Lastly, close ALL browsers then log back into the site

I noticed after completing the above steps that the option to even add a neighbor disappears when you start the reservation process.  I assume AirBNB only needs to confirm your number once when you add it into your account.

Honestly the warning is misleading.  The company should update date it to something along the lines of this:  "Please add you number under account settings, so it can be properly verified."

Happy vacationing!

This worked for me.  After putting in a third number (my daughter's) during the reservation process I was able to get the verification to work and complete the reservation.  Going to account settings I was allowed to add my own number (the first number I tried) and then remove my daughter's number.  This seems to have worked.  Customer Service (chat) was useless and simply kept saying I should use a different number.  

The same with Support. I have tried various numbers with no luck. 😫

Hi this didn’t work for me. My problem will not go further than step one. I have even gotten a new email to try setting up the account again and no luck. I have entered six phone numbers and I get the same error. 

Thank you so much .  I got it working with your solution 

It ABSOLUTELY WORKED for me!

Thank you!

Now I can rest easy knowing that I have a place booked for my upcoming Spartan Race, the Beast at Killington in September!

AROO!

Linda3561
Level 2
Fulton, MO

Was trying to book a reservation in Ukraine (For obvious reasons) - and this  d*#! phone verification error is keeping the reservation from going through.  I have used this number with AirBNB for years.  There is no other way to get the money to Ukraine.

AirBNB- do better!!

Haven't bothered with Air BnB until now, but I finally give it a try and run into this problem that other people have been struggling with for 5 years. I'd rather stay at a hotel than waste my time trying to find a work around when AirBnb can't be bothered fixing it.

What makes this even more ridiculous is that after forgetting I already had an airbnb account, I began going through the motions before I said I had an account.  Part of that was sending me a code to the number I was trying to use.  Suddenly it can't use that number?  Come on, guys.  Now I've had to upload all sorts of photos?  Can't wait to see how this works.  In my license I still have hair, and then I had to take a new one where I have none.    Why does a photograph matter?

You have to add the phone number you want to use to your profile first.  Would be nice if that was mentioned somewhere. Smh.

Lixin3
Level 1
New York, NY

why I can not add my phone number

Mick468
Level 1
De Soto, KS

Solution - Add your Phone Number in the Account tab

100% worked for me first try going into the Account.

Thanks!

Just update your phone number in profile, that worked for me.

use the app and mobile phone to book. I had same problem when using my laptop.