Card has been charged but AirBnB booking doesn't show as confirmed

Rebecca82
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Card has been charged but AirBnB booking doesn't show as confirmed

Hi everyone,

I used my Visa Debit card to making a booking. An AirBnB error message flashed up so I tried again.

The AirBnB error message now says my card has already been 'successfully' charged. However I haven't received the usual confirmation email for the booking. (I also messaged the host to see if he had received my request and he hadn't. Also his calender still shows 'available' for the date I have 'successfully' been charged for.)

Can I check if AirBnB has actually received my payment but a glitch is preventing my confirmation? I'm happy to try book again with PayPal, but I don't want to be charged on my card as well. 

Any help is greatly appreciated - thank you!

Bex

10 Replies 10
Molly-Rose0
Level 1
Destin, FL

I am having the same issue.

I had a similar issue. While trying to book, an "error" message came up so I tried again. I have a confirmation for this booking, however my credit card was charged twice for the same, single booking. It was very difficult to find the right way to message Airbnb as the example questions that were offered were not ones that I was experiencing. I am currently waiting for a response from Airbnb...

Did you got any response? I am having the same problem, tried twice, unsuccesful booking but Airbnb charged my card both times...

H Csaba!

I know you reported an issue a while back, but has it been sucessfully resolved? I am in the same situation right now.

Said8
Level 1
Mexico City, Mexico

This just happend to me, the first time they told me it was a verification error, so I did all I had to do and asked support if my account was ready to book and they told me it was but it didn't so I got charged again! Now I can't get a refund and I'm leaving in a couple days!

my account has been debited but the booking is not confirmed.there was no no error msg airbnb page directly went back to payment page

Leigh39
Level 2
Roodepoort, South Africa

I just logged this exact call because it happened to me today. You are posting to a thread that is over a year old... My message is here https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/App-Error-Payment-deducted-but-nothing-reflected-on-AirBNB/...

I had same issue. Did you get it refunded or any other solution?

Julius-Gabriel0
Level 1
Quezon City, Philippines

Was this resolved already? Any resolution/progress?

any luck on this issue? I faced same issue on 23 Mar and following with Airbnb team for resoltion. Please suggest if anyone got the resolution for it.