Case Manager Ignoring Case

Norma412
Level 1
Dallas, TX

Case Manager Ignoring Case

I recently stayed at an airbnb that was not properly cleaned. There was hair on the bed sheets and also stains on the comforter. Hair and soap globs in the shower and sink. The stove had a bunch of grease splatter over it as someone had just gotten done cooking bacon. There was also batter on the counter and floor. Underneath the bed there was someones old sock and a lot of dust. Behind the couch there was a dead roach along with spider webs. I opened a case with airbnb as soon as i checked in. Sent pictures to them as requested and then they stopped responding. The following morning i spent almost 2 1/2 hours trying to talk to someone only to be told we are escalating the situation. Now going on the 6th day there is still no resolve. What bothers me the most is that they don't care that someone did not clean and sanitize their house properly during a pandemic. The host even specifically advertises how she gets her house professionally cleaned with a $75 cleaning fee. I get CS is busy but why ghost me. I

3 Replies 3
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Norma412 

Sorry about your situation, but you will see if you have a look at  several of the other threads here that Airbnb is currently 'ghosting' a lot of people, both guests and hosts. It seems that they are not able to deal with the number of issues (there has been a major one this week with hosts not actually been paid for guests that have already checked in, for example) and their solution is to tell people their case is being escalated or passed on to the relevant team and then... radio silence.

They may well get back to you eventually, or they might not. The best thing to do is keep on their case. It's time consuming and frustrating but I have found lately that I only get a result from them if I keep badgering them.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Norma412  Sorry you're getting no response from CS- you and thousands of others, it seems.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but the protocol to follow if you arrive to find a place unacceptable is to first notify the host, giving them an opportunity to correct the issue, then if the host is unwilling, or unable, you contact Airbnb, cancel and leave. 

Did you communicate with the host about this upon your arrival? It obviously didn't get cleaned at all, and it's possible that the host assumed her cleaner showed up and readied the place for you, but simply didn't. 

I didn't contact the host immediately but instead Airbnb. After 24hrs with Airbnb they stated that we must contact host which they did for us. Host stated she could have cleaners stop by but during this pandemic i didn't want anyone coming into the space while i was there. I left an honest review and she responded by leaving my friend who booked the place a somewhat negative review minimizing the situation and stating we just wanted to stay for free. Which is totally not the case we just wanted a clean place to stay and would have moved to another airbnb had CS helped us properly.