Central heating fault during stay

Charles1187
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Central heating fault during stay

Hello, a current guest reported no central heating for the purposes of drying clothes (it is summer here) it would seem there is a fault which I had hoped to resolve during their stay but lookalike it will take longer. I have apologised to the guest, what additional measures do you recommend? 

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why would they need central heating on to dry clothes .  Do you not have a dryer/line /clothes horse? @Charles1187 

If you don't have one,  I would buy a heated clothes horse (Lakeland) and drop it over. 

maybe bottle of wine or gift for inconvenience 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Had my guests reported no central heating in July I would respond with: You are right. The heating system is turned off. It is summertime, have you tried to open a window?

So your guests will turn the heat on to dry their clothes but at the same time open all the windows because it is too hot inside? You have to draw the line somewhere.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Since when is central heating a clothes drying method? 

Bizarre that the guests would come up with  this,  odder still that the host somehow  considers this normal and that he is at fault.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

I am speechless.... 😮 ..... 😮 ....

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Our central heating is on in our apartment as the guests are from Malaysia and an English summer doesn't really help them get comfortable. I suspect a Scottish summer is probably even colder.