Change check in and out - time

Answered!
Noemi59
Level 2
Gothenburg, Sweden

Change check in and out - time

Hi. I wish to change the time for checking in and out. If i do this will this change affect the guests that already have booked?

1 Best Answer

Thank you for this information Emiel 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Noemi59 ,

Yes, the new times will be printed on their reservation ( i tested it...)

best regards, Emiel

Thank you for this information Emiel 🙂

@Emiel1 I saw that you tested the changing of check-in and check-out times.

Do you remember a discussion about a guest who had supposedlly arranged a "custom" check in or check-out time? Their reservation had times different from the host's normal check-in or check-out time.

I thought the terms in effect at the time a booking is made are the terms that apply to that booking.

I know they are talking mainly about cancellation policy, but would that not technically apply to check in and check out times?

For example: if a person booked a room mainly because it allowed late check in (say midnight), but then the host later changes the check-in window to end at 9 pm, are you saying the guests reservation (which was confirmed with the check-in time ending at midnight) now has a check-in time that ends at 9 pm?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Matthew285 

This is what i did:

I had a confirmed booking for next week, checkin-time from 2 PM . I changed the check-in time on the listing to 6 PM. I went to my "list of reservations", choose "print confirmation" for this reservation, and the check-time was changed to 6 PM. I changed the listing back to 2 PM, and the confirmation changed also again. So are things different on the guest side ? 

So just now i did the same test for Cancellation policy, i changed it on the listing from "moderate" to "strict".

But on the "print confirmation" it stays "moderate", so NO change for the policy !

So that's just what i experienced.

@Emiel1 that is exactly the kind of rigorous testing we need!

That is good information to have; thank you very much for doing the test.

Now we know exactly what happens.

I would say, though, that if there were some sort of conflict between a guest and host, and the host had changed the check-in or check-out times, it would be fair to apply the times in force at the time of booking.

It would come down to Customer Service to sort it out. I know they can see the changes and edits made to listings and when they happened, so it would be up to them to adjudicate.

Topflite0
Level 1
Randburg, South Africa

Hi, 

I need to change the check out time on our listings. However when I go to Booking Settings and Policies the 'Edit' button is greyed out.

I tried calling Airbnb, but they can't hear me over the phone.

Please can someone help me

Thank you.

Monique

Ed115
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

Has anyone here had a problem of setting specific check-in times then they get reset to "flexible". I'll see it updated when I set my listings check in times from "4:00 pm to 11:00 pm"....but then in like less then 12 hours it will reset back to flexible. This is driving me nuts because people are booking saying they are going to check in at 8:00 am and I need time to get the rooms ready from other guests staying. 

Mawali0
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

I have set-up 5 Private Villas in Bali through AirBnB exclusively (no other agents). Everything has been fine for the 4-5 years I have been doing this.

Today, a new booking said "Just checking that the check-in time is 0800am - right?"

The check-in time has ALWAYS been 1400pm and I have never been informed that someone was going to change it.

I have followed the useless help guides (useless because the links and headings they tell you to click on do not appear anywhere on the pages they lead you to). I have spent a whole day going around in circles finding that lots of other things have also been changed without permission. I have better things to do than to check ever single category for every villa and I am losing my patience. If your "Help" was accurate I could maybe tolerate the changes, but they say to click on headings that are not available on the page.

I cannot have guests starting their holiday with misinformation. Our check-out time is 1200 (midday) so how can I possibly have a check-in time of 0800.

I am completely exhausted with going through all this - can somebody PLEASE help me??

Greg - Owner Mawali Villas Bali

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mawali0 the one listing I checked says you have a flexible check in time. Others have reported that their listings have reverted to 'flexible' without their knowledge/permission. If you have Instant Book you could use one of your cancellations (3 allowed per year). Or you could explain to the guest that there was a site glitch and ask them to accept your normal check in time otherwise you will have to cancel them.

If you cancel do it via customer services to ensure you are not penalised.

Mawali0
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

Thank you Mike & Jane

Are you saying I should be looking for a setting called "Flexible" and remove that??

I've never heard of it and certainly didn't select it.

I just wish AirBnB would leave things alone - I don't work for them, they work for me (pity they can't understand that).

Greg - Mawali Villas Bali