Change in AirBnB service fee

Clare30
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Change in AirBnB service fee

Hello, I have booked an AirBnB for 8 nights in Calais in August. In May, when I booked it, the fee was £855. I've just checked the booking and it's now showing a total of £877. The service fee was £88 and it's gone up considerably. As I'm sharing the fee with a friend I would like to explain why it's now suddenly more expensive. Can someone shed any light on this please?

Many thanks, 

Clare 

8 Replies 8
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Clare30

Was this a booking where you pay in two stages ? If not, what you paid is what you paid and the total cost will be on your card statement for you and your friends to split.

When you made the booking there would have been a breakdown and a total, ans that would have been what you were charged, anything additional would need your approval.

David
Clare30
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Thank you. But the details were itemised at the time as described in my initial message. Now they are different and I have no idea why.

Thank you for your message. I extended the booking. But the itemised bill after I'd extended the booking showed the lower total figure already at that stage (i.e. including the amended details, etc). When I checked a few weeks later, recently, it then showed the higher figure. 

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Clare30

Then I would have no idea - but as long as the bottom line is the same, it would not matter much I suppose ? The actual and final cost is what has been charged to your card in two stages; initially when first placing the booking and then later when the booking were extended.

Hi, thanks again for your messages. The bottom line isn't the same. After I extended the booking, it was £855. A few weeks later, it has gone up to £877 for no reason I can understand. 

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Clare30

But everything is paid up front at the time of booking and charged to your card at that time.  There will not be any supplement costs whatever the receipt tells you. 

I see what you mean. I'll check my bank account. Thank you again.

Best wishes, Clare