Change minimum stay requirement for specific days to fill voids in calendar?

Answered!
Rob175
Level 2
Anchorage, AK

Change minimum stay requirement for specific days to fill voids in calendar?

Hello hosts!  

I am a new host, currently hosting my first guests.   I have a question about the minimum stay settings.  My calendar quickly filled up for about 5 weeks upon making my listing active with a 3 night minimum stay requirement.  However, I have a couple gaps between my reservations of 1 to 2 days.

I would like to maintain a general minimum of a 3 night stay, however, I would like to allow single night stays ONLY for specific days located between longer bookings.   Is there a way I can allow single night stays ONLY for specific dates on my calendar to fill gaps?

I haven't managed to find such a setting.

Thanks in advance! 

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Rob175,

You can do that as follows.

On a computer go to your calendar and click on "manage settings" in the top right hand corner.

Then click on "Availability" and then on the "Edit" button in the "Trip length" section.

You may have to scroll down to see the "Add a requirement for seasons or weekends" link. Click on that.

Then from the "during" drop down box select "Specific dates" and enter the date range for your gap. Then set the minimum to 1.

Select "Save". If you want to set a minium for another date range click on "Add another requirement" and proceed as above.

Select "Save" again when you've set the minumum for all gaps.

You can delete the requirement by clicking on the "X" in the "During x-y guests stay ..." line.

It can also be done on the Android app by going to your calendar, selecting the wheel icon in the top right and then tapping on "calendar settings", "trip lenght" and "Add a seasonal requirement".

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

41 Replies 41
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Rob175,

You can do that as follows.

On a computer go to your calendar and click on "manage settings" in the top right hand corner.

Then click on "Availability" and then on the "Edit" button in the "Trip length" section.

You may have to scroll down to see the "Add a requirement for seasons or weekends" link. Click on that.

Then from the "during" drop down box select "Specific dates" and enter the date range for your gap. Then set the minimum to 1.

Select "Save". If you want to set a minium for another date range click on "Add another requirement" and proceed as above.

Select "Save" again when you've set the minumum for all gaps.

You can delete the requirement by clicking on the "X" in the "During x-y guests stay ..." line.

It can also be done on the Android app by going to your calendar, selecting the wheel icon in the top right and then tapping on "calendar settings", "trip lenght" and "Add a seasonal requirement".

Steve.

@Steve143, Thank you for your help, I was successful in offering my gap days for one night stays.  The newbie is very greatful for your help!

This was so helpful.  thank you very much.  I would have never found this on my own.

Thank you for this information!

Thank you, thank you!  Airbnb staff didn't know the answer.  Great!

Debbie18
Level 5
St Just, United Kingdom

Thank you Steve for an excellent explanation - I have updated all my "gaps" and I didn't know anything about the option.

Thanks also to Rob for asking the question.

Debbie

Thanks for the help! It works perfectly for times like Christmas when you can't turn over your place on a special day but are good with folks staying there through that time.

Can't seem to find this.  Is this the same since the update of the website.  

I would like to open up 1 month for a 2 week duration it's normally 30 days.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Thank you

USA

Same here. I'm trying to figure this out and it seems the settings and options have changed ... and not in an intuitive way. Unfortunately, I'm finding it much easier to do on VRBO but I would like my calendars and the rules for dates/pricing etc to match. Really wish the systems would mirror each other better.

Thanks for the navigation assistance, they don’t make it easy or intuitive!

carol and Ann hosts, USA since 2017

This no longer works. Scroll down to "Branka-and-Silvia0" They have an answer that works in 12/22

I loved this answer til I tried to do it.   When I go to my calendar, there is no "manage settings" in the top right hand corner 🤣😂

Please email me if you are able to help me solve this

Thank you!

**[Contact details removed - Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise or share contact details on the Community Center.

Ionagh0
Level 2
Nairn, United Kingdom

Thank you 🙂

Gayle44
Level 2
Ninilchik, AK

This thread helped me also.thanks!