Change of creditcard and refund on another card

Answered!
Fjola0
Level 1
RVK, Iceland

Change of creditcard and refund on another card

Hi.

I had ordered a stay (apartment) in Valencia, Spain in may. Then I had to cancel because of Covid-19. I had already paid 50% and I will have a refund but I have a new creditcard (not the same I paid the 50% with) but when I cancelled the apartment I got aN e-mail from you saying you would refund me to the same creditcard I paid with, but that is not possible because it has been closed (it got lost). So how can I get my money back?

Please send me an answer. Fjola

**[E-mail address hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

This is a host forum, @Fjola0, so your message won't get through to Airbnb customer service.

However, what normally happens in these instances (certainly has to me, anyway) is the money is refunded to your (now-closed) credit card provider and you will need to contact them for reimbursement. This normally means they'll re-open your account for this purpose only (then close it). 

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

This is a host forum, @Fjola0, so your message won't get through to Airbnb customer service.

However, what normally happens in these instances (certainly has to me, anyway) is the money is refunded to your (now-closed) credit card provider and you will need to contact them for reimbursement. This normally means they'll re-open your account for this purpose only (then close it).