Change of host for an existing listing.

Lucy171
Level 2
Ripon, United Kingdom

Change of host for an existing listing.

Hi,

I am the owner of a UK based property listed with airbnb.

My daughter, Lucy, currently manages the airbnb hostingof this property, on my behalf, and I manage all other aspects. However due to a change in circumstances Lucy has asked that I also take over the listing as host.

This I am happy to do, and would expect it to be a straightforward process. The property reviews remain the same, but there will be some admin changes to personal profile and beneficiary banking details. 

How can this best be achieved?

The whole process has been hampered by not having direct email, or telephone access to airbnb. This is a situation Lucy and I are very concerned about, so a prompt reply from airbnb wold be appreciated.

Please note that whatever changes are made must not affect any existing holiday bookings that Lucy and I have made through the existing airbnb listing.

Regards

Ken

Ken

6 Replies 6
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Lucy171. I can see that the name is "Lucy" so it seems that you understand that you know that accounts are assigned to people, not to properties. Lucy will have to list the property in her own name. It is not possible to transfer the listing, its reviews etc. to another host.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Lucy171
Level 2
Ripon, United Kingdom

Thank you for your reply,

My daughter and I have run and managed this  property jointly. It has been run as a father and daughter enterprise and partnership. It is a shame you do not accept or recognise this concept.  Your loss not ours, you seem to have lost the ability and flexibility required to communicate with your hosts....? 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Lucy171 (Ken)

It's rather disappointing to see you being rude to a fellow host who is trying to help you. @Marzena4 is a host whose first language isn't English and therefore perhaps slightly misunderstood what you were asking. (As you know this is a community forum where hosts help each other out and isn't monitored by Airbnb).

It's not difficult to find Airbnb's contact details.  If you/your daughter uses the Airbnb Help Centre and searches 'contact us' you will find them. You will also find them in the post clearly marked CONTACT AIRBNB at the top of the forum you are posting in.

All your daughter needs to do is set you up as co-host and you can take over management of your listing.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Thanks, @Helen3 [huge smile]. But I guess I understood what @Lucy171 aka Ken was asking about - to swap personal details of the profile. And it's not doable. Because, as I wrote previously, it would mean transfering an account to someone else.

Quoting: "The property reviews remain the same, but there will be some admin changes to personal profile and beneficiary banking details. "

What do you mean by "admin changes to personal profile," @Lucy171 aka Ken? My bad if you tell me you didn't mean actually changing the personal details, which has to mean changing the person, assuming the person has not legally changed his/her name.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Kasey1
Level 2
Lake George, NY

Hello - My name is Robert Gray and I am the owner of 3009-1-2-3 State Route 9L, formerly hosted by Kasey Kasier.  She has not been actively managing the property since 10/21 and I need to change "hosts"  Please advise how to do this ASAP.  This is an urgent message.

Robert Gray

(518) 796-9368

rgray@gflabels.com

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kasey1 

It seems you are using an account which does not belong to you  ?

If you are the owner and want to continue hosting these properties, then you need to create a your own personal account and create new listings. These listings need to be deactiviated from acount  @Kasey1 .

It is not possible to change listings to another account, nor to convert an excisting account into another one. However it is possible you act temporary as a co-host from your own account, to finish current and upcoming reservations managed by @Kasey1