'Change reservation' not reflecting updates

'Change reservation' not reflecting updates

Hi all

We have a confirmed guest (party of 4) that is due in a couple of weeks. They messaged, asking if an additional person could join their group. I said they could but there would be an additional charge to cover linen, towels etc, which they are happy with. I'm now trying to change the reservation, taking into account this fifth person. I've changed the listing to reflect 5 people rather than 4 and I've added the extra guest charge per night. Even so, when I try to change the reservation, the new price doesn't take into account the new additional charges of the fifth person - it continues to show the old price. Am I missing something?

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Russell262 I am guessing but it may be that Airbnb doesn't allow you to change the listing once it has been booked. Perhaps just send a resolution request for the additional money instead?

Thanks for your reply. You may well be right. That seems very odd though - to have a facility to change things and then not allow the things to be changed! I'm not at all convinced it's working correctly. Anyway, I've done what you suggested and that seems to have done the trick. Many thanks