Change the verified ID

Thomas847
Level 1
Ancona, Italy

Change the verified ID

Hello, last month I booked a trip with my account. The problem is that few days ago I had to get a new identity card, so my old ID (the one I had linked with my account when I booked the trip) is no longer valid.
Is this a problem? Shall I contact my host and tell that I have changed ID? 

6 Replies 6
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Thomas847,

The host never gets to see the ID  you provided so there's no need to contact the host.

What they see is just the fact that you provided it to Airbnb and so they may be more comfortable with a guest who was willing to go through that process.

Steve.

Elizabeth429
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@Thomas847.

What has exactly changed on your ID?

As a house rule, I always ask my guest to show me their national ID upon arrival. The name in their profile should match the one on their ID.

This is done for insurance purposes and police requirements.

Catherine827
Level 10
Northern Territory, Australia

May I thank you for being such a sincere and thoughtful guest. You can change your ID through Airbnb, but the host never sees your ID at the time of booking. Depending on where you are travelling, you will need to ensure your ID and passport all marry up for details.

🙂

Cathie

Ruth39
Level 1
Hong Kong

I wanted to book an exertience for my husbandsn bday wile we are away in bali. I booked it an added his ID and then of course when it asked for my photo ( and I couldnt give his beacuse i dint eant him to know ) - it rejected me. I now want to rebook with my ID and my photo and it seems to have saved his ID in my profile as it keeps rejecting - Ho do I change my ID - cant find it on the HELP section anywhere.

Thanks in advance Airbnbers 

@Ruth39  Clear your cookies and cache and you should be able to upload yours.

Ruth39
Level 1
Hong Kong

Oh no! Before I read your message I went online and did a search on how to delete your ID and add a new one and I went forth and did it and its now cancelled not just the 'biking experience' but my whole holiday in Bali ?!!! HELP !