Change to long term booking - waiving fees

James261
Level 3
Melbourne, Australia

Change to long term booking - waiving fees

Hi, 

we have a 2 month booking which the guest wants to change, reduce by 15 nights, which we are happy to do.

The problem is that when I try to reduce the days the cost of the booking jumps substantially by several $1000 instead of reducing in cost. 

Any idea why?

I've tried setting our cancelltion policy to flexible without success.

5 Replies 5
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

You can override the dollar value, just type in the new amount.  The alteration screen is buggy, but it does allow you to enter in the new value.

Emily128
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

@James261, do it at the Sub-tota (15 nights x your nightly rate)l. Don't forget other charges like cleaning fee, extra guests, etc. if you charge these. The reason why you have to do it at the Sub-total is because you'd like ABB to add their own fees to arrive at the Total amount for the guests.

Robert78
Level 10
Suzhou, China

@Emily128 That's just confusing, and makes zero sense.

@James261 The reason why the rate jumped is because your discounted monthly rental price is no longer valid once this type of alteration is made for nights booked beyond one calendar month. It has either reverted to your nightly rate or your weekly rate (assuming you have a weekly rebate set up for your listing, which I doubt.)

So you need to submit a price alteration to the guest, independent of the Airbnb cost calculation, using a pro-rata methodology (as per @Maria-Lurdes0 advised, allowing for your additional fees, etc.) I'd suggest a formula/percentage utilising a weekly discount to establish the pro-rata calculation for the amended number of nights requested.

Or not.

Up to you.

Confused yet? 😉

Message me if you want clarification. 🙂

Hi

Thanks for that. It was consfusing at first.

Worked it out. Divided up what they had booked to get a per night rate, and the multiplied that by the new number of nights.

@James261 Right on!!

Good luck, mate! 😄