Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Changed a reservation, but already received the payment.

Changed a reservation, but already received the payment.

I have a quick question about changing a reservation.

My guest came on the 1st of July and according to his booking he would've stayed for 1 month (until 31st of July). Then, on the 19th of July he asked me if it's possible to change the reservation dates so that he would leave 2 days earlier. I said okay, and i sent him a reservation change request and edited the dates as he requested and he agreed. So in the end i got around 570$ instead of 680$. Now here comes the problem.

I already received the payment on the 2nd of July, that is 680$, but he requested the change in the middle of his booking which changed the pricing of his booking to 570$. My question is, is it my job to send him the 680 - 570 = 110$ to refund him or does AirBnB do it somehow? If i should do it, how do i do it? Also, is there any kind of penalty to this? I mean to the change of the reservation?

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Anonymous ,

Mabey consult your Transaction history pages. Probably you will see a negative amount, to be deducted from your next reservation. When changing a reservation refunds (if any) will be calculated automatically this way, and you probably will have receieved a message or email about this from Airbnb.

There are no penalties involved for the host when changing a reservation like this.