Changes aren't saving on my listing

Vanessa81
Level 1
Lubbock, TX

Changes aren't saving on my listing

I have been editing certain parts of my listing and they aren't saving. I entered a cleaning fee, someone booked and I noticed after the fact that my cleaning fee didn't save so I'm out $75. I have written extra house rules MULTIPLE times both on the app and on a desktop and they never show up. What's going on? 

12 Replies 12
Sandra216
Level 2
Panama, Panama

I have two properties and am able to change and save changes on the one property, but the other one won't "stick" and just returns back to the origianal rules requirements.  Same problem you are experiencing.   I thought it may be a glitch, but since I am able to change one I don't think it is.

Lois-and-Darryl0
Level 10
Rochester, WA

This exact same thing is happening to me!  I just hung up from Airbnb, and the CSR I spoke with was unaware.  However, late last night I read a Host comment and this was happening to her too.  I'm desparate to change our House Rules and remove children (the last straw, and all that).  I told the CSR that this seems to be a system issue, as at least one other person has it - but maybe you should contact Airbnb about this too, so they know it could be a widespread issue.

Daniel-Rusteen0
Level 10
California, United States

@Vanessa81

I would either give it an hour (could be a bug)

or

Log out and log back in. Sometimes, it looks like I'm logged in, I'll make changes, then come back to see none of my changes were made and then I get logged out. Very frusterating, but I haven't been able to identify in what instances this happens.

Mike77
Level 10
Bend, OR

@Vanessa81

Once you have edited what you want to edit, click outside the window that you were editing in.  That saves what you have edited.

YOU HAVE TO CLICK OUTSIDE THE WINDOW TO MAKE IT SAVE.

It's easy stuff here... Come on.

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887

Simone249
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I lost one hour of my time in this "easy when you know it" **bleep** bug. FIX ASAP PLEASE!!

Geo1
Level 2
Anaheim, CA

clicking outside does not work!!  If log out then a huge amount of work has to be done all over again.  Lets get real.

Melissa1340
Level 2
Cable Bay, New Zealand

I'm having the same problem. Did anyone solve it?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Melissa1340 as per my longer answer elsewhere it'll almost certainly be the description in your listing exceeding the character count

This is the answer. The listing description is too long and just the description field, keep shortening it by deleting words until the SAVE button is activated. The problem is that the app on your phone gives you more letters but when you log into your computer you cannot save until you shorten it. Hope that helps.

Susan4061
Level 2
St Kilda, Australia

I have spent hours trying everything to edit my listing descriptions - shorter, longer, no symbols etc.  The save button is active, but it doesn’t actually save anything.  NOTHING will enable the descriptions to save.  So now my place is listed with no descriptions,  there is nothing I can do.  I'd love to hear from AirBNB their advice?

Cheryn1
Level 2
Colorado, United States

Daily I go to my listing and it is red button UNLISTED

I go to settings and change it to LISTED

hit SAVE

green button LISTED shows

when I go back to the listing again red button UNLISTED is lit up.

Elsa386
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Going totally nuts ticking all the boxes, writing and saving and rewriting all the same information in rules, but Airbnb wont save what am doing. I can't even get to the 'next' stage on photos without it repeating 'Tada How Does it Look?'. Hugely infuriating!!

I've tried logging out then in again, amending anything written, but nothing works. I need to get this listed asap - AIRBNB PLEASE FIX THIS! AND TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO?