Changes to search filters?

Jayne39
Level 2
Cardiff, United Kingdom

Changes to search filters?

Where on Earth has the map view gone? Also any idea why the 'room type' filter which allowed you to search for entire listing/ private room etc. has also vanished? 

4 Replies 4

@Jayne39 Airbnb has been experimenting with different layouts and options for searching

(which, unfortunately has included many experiments where the map is not part of the search results).

Even more confusing, different people might see different layouts and options.

I still see the "Home type" filter, but for me also the map often is not there.

But right now it is.

No one yet has figured out a consistent way to make the map appear.

Jayne39
Level 2
Cardiff, United Kingdom

@Matthew0Frustrating! It's making it very difficult to search for somewhere for an upcoming trip I was hoping to plan. May need to look at other sites. 

R0
Level 3
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Search Filters

I am a vegetarian, I am looking for a place with vegetarian kitchen.
I am sensitive to the smell of meet cooking, and cannot stand the odour of such foods.
Vegetarian kitchen is a place which does not cook meet, chicken or meat any living being.
Worldwide there are vegetarians total 500 million, yet Airbnb is ignoring their needs and telling them, we don't care we don't need your business.

All that is required from Airbnb is to have a filter option allowing guests to choose.

- Is the kitchen on the property exclusively used by Vegetarians.
- Number of Vegetarians restaurants within 5 mins walk from the property
If Airbnb is seeking for good guest experience it ougt to keep filters that are useful to 500 million people.

Calandar

On the mobile application, your calander should be month wise not property wise for hosts thus allowing you to see consolidated view of all properties booked for the month. 

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@R0

Airbnb used to have a keyword search, which made it very quick and easy to find whatever type of accommodation one was looking for, simply by typing in a couple of words. There also used to be a dedicated group for vegetarian hosts and guests in the old-format groups. Unfortunately, like everything that works well and serves a useful purpose on the platform, both were discontinued some time ago.