Changing Bank account details.

Jackie47
Level 2
Nambour, Australia

Changing Bank account details.

Can anyone help me - we have changed banks & our last booking went into our old bank.   I have tried unsuccessfuly as per instrustions to change our bank details.  Account Settings, Payout Preferences, Add Payment Method, enter address, Bank Transfer but when I go to Add Payment Method & press Next (to go to another site to change details) it always freezes & goes nowwhere.  I don't know what else to do as I have not heard from Airbnb because I know the money did not go into our account as it doesn't exist anymore.   I would be SO grateful for any advice.

44 Replies 44
Neil_Hilary0
Level 1
Queenstown, New Zealand

I'm trying to do the same [change bank a/c number]......would appreciate you letting me know when you've found the answer.

Thanks, Neil 

Jane190
Level 1
Christchurch, New Zealand

Yes I too need to change my bank account.

How do we contact Airbnb?

Hope the Host's above have managed to  update theirdetails.

I also have been trying to change my bank accoount details!!!!!  I am so frustrated.

Please can some one from AIR BNB help me.

how do you change bank details

Put this up last year - We had this problem a while back.  Go to Account Settings - Payment preferences - add payment method - fill in your address - next - click bank transfer - next (this will direct you to another website to add new bank detials - you will be asked to virify via SMS or your phone no.   when you put your new bank details it will still leave your old bank details as main but when you get your next guest Airbnb will contact you via text or email to notify you that they were not able to place money in account.   They will then transfer it to your new bank account & this will then become the main account.   We closed our old bank account so this allowed this to happen.  Good Luck, I know how fustrating this is.

Yes this worked. many steps and once complete change new info to "default' AND 'REMOVE"OLD ONE. THANKYOU SO MUCH

Hi.    In settings I don't even show payment preferences except Apple Pay and I don't want to pay that way.  Is there anywhere I can call.  They need a security photo and its not working unless I change my payment preferences.  This way to much of a hassle when I can just call and book a hotel.  I'm consfused - I must have it wrong.  Either way I can't book a place I want.  Already spent over 30 minutes and my work break is over.  Darn.  I really want to book it.  

I would like to give Airbnb our new bank details as hosts.

Lynette26
Level 2
Mudjimba, Australia

Me too, please Air BnB do you check this page at all? How do we actually speak to someone to fix problems when the web is not working?

We had this problem a while back.  Go to Account Settings - Payment preferences - add payment method - fill in your address - next - click bank transfer - next (this will direct you to another website to add new bank detials - you will be asked to virify via SMS or your phone no.   when you put your new bank details it will still leave your old bank details as main but when you get your next guest Airbnb will contact you via text or email to notify you that they were not able to place money in account.   They will then transfer it to your new bank account & this will then become the main account.   We closed our old bank account so this allowed this to happen.  Good Luck, I know how fustrating this is.

Why WHY is there no one from Airbnb to assist hosts with this problem.  It makes no sense, except that they do not care about hosts, only guests.

Action needs to be taken.  There is no one to complain to.

Linda303
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

I know of several people who have complained about the fact that it is impossible to contact AIR BNB. I personally have spent the last 2 hours on the site (when I should be sleeping in S.A.) and changed my profile details 4x and SAVED it but it does not save the changes!! I sold my previous house and my details have entirely chaned, I also live in another city now... I can't make the changes, it is impossible. About to pull my hair out!  COME ON AIR BNB THIS ALL NEEDS TO BE MORE USER FRIENDLY AND WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO CONTACT SOMEONE FOR ASSISTANCE. 

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Linda303@Scott48@Lynette26 and @Carolyn73,

I'm Kirstie, the community coordinator in the Community Center. I'm sorry to hear your having issues editing your bank and address details. Just to clarify, this is a forum for hosts, it is not monitored by the Airbnb support team, so if you are trying to contact them you need to do so directly. This Community Help Guide explains the best ways to get in touch with them.

@Jackie47 has given some useful advice about changing your bank account details - there is also a Help guide explaining how to set up a new payout method.

In order to change your address you do need to contact the support team to ask them to do it for you.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions about the Community Center!

Kirstie

Andrew321
Level 1
Macclesfield, Australia

Hi Kirstie, I have changed my account details with adding a new payout account number.  Can you confirm that it will show the old one as my default payout preference until a new guest tries to make a payment,.  can you confirm that AIR BNB will contact me upon that refusal and then use my new added account details to make payment into my account.  thanks for your reply. andrew