Changing Bank account details.

Jackie47
Level 2
Nambour, Australia

Changing Bank account details.

Can anyone help me - we have changed banks & our last booking went into our old bank.   I have tried unsuccessfuly as per instrustions to change our bank details.  Account Settings, Payout Preferences, Add Payment Method, enter address, Bank Transfer but when I go to Add Payment Method & press Next (to go to another site to change details) it always freezes & goes nowwhere.  I don't know what else to do as I have not heard from Airbnb because I know the money did not go into our account as it doesn't exist anymore.   I would be SO grateful for any advice.

44 Replies 44

Kim,

Once you've found the bank account section you need to delete the old account and add the new one.  Finding the screen took me several tries.  Very non-intuitive.

Here is the secret number for superhost support.  They ought to give this support to everyone.  Ridiculous that you can't get anyone with Airbnb on the line.  They ought to do something for all the money they're making  888-326-5753.  Insist!

Good luck

Thank you very much Scott.  Where do you find the bank account section?  All I have found is where another account can be added.  Am unable to delete the closed account.

Thanks for the number we are in Australia so maybe there is an Australian number?

Thank you

Sorry to say that you just have to keep clicking around until you find it.  Honestly, that's what I did -- for hours -- before figuring it out.  Very frustrating, and I can't go back and duplicate it. No time.  Try calling the Airbnb line on Whatsap -- free internet phone service.  Airbnb should be more accountable.

Scott

Thanks Scott

Hope it's resolved, not sure yet.

Kim

We had this problem last year.  Go to Account Settings - Payment preferences - add payment method - fill in your address - next - click bank transfer - next (this will direct you to another website to add new bank detials - you will be asked to virify via SMS or your phone no.   when you put your new bank details it will still leave your old bank details as main but when you get your next guest Airbnb will contact you via text or email to notify you that they were not able to place money in account.   They will then transfer it to your new bank account & this will then become the main account.   We closed our old bank account so this allowed this to happen.  Good Luck, I know how fustrating this is.

Susanna79
Level 2
White River, South Africa

Jackie this advice is only relevant if the "old" account is closed. Some of us have to change from one current account to another current account.

Ceycrest0
Level 1
Kandy, Sri Lanka

I need to change or bank account details. Please let me know how to do it. 

We had this problem a while back.  Go to Account Settings - Payment preferences - add payment method - fill in your address - next - click bank transfer - next (this will direct you to another website to add new bank detials - you will be asked to virify via SMS or your phone no.   when you put your new bank details it will still leave your old bank details as main but when you get your next guest Airbnb will contact you via text or email to notify you that they were not able to place money in account.   They will then transfer it to your new bank account & this will then become the main account.   We closed our old bank account so this allowed this to happen.  Good Luck, I know how fustrating this is.

Rosie34
Level 1
Edmonton, Canada

I'm trying to change bank account info and every time I follow the instructions it gets me nowhere! is becoming frustrating to do a simple thing that won't change! thanks

Magda10
Level 1
Zadar, Croatia

I also have a very same problem. My father passed away recently, and we had his bank account for Airb transaction.

Now we want to change the account cause previous one is not availabne anymore, but cant do that at all.

We tried to follow instructions from the Jackie, but there is no possibiliy to change the bank account detailes, or to add new one. 

Annoying, certanly not professional, and without any possibility to contact anybody from support team to help us. 

Thats not the way how bussines should be condacted!

Olivia124
Level 1
Deal, NJ

I just listed my plot in Airbnb. Now I want to register my paypal account for guest payments. I went to my ACCOUNT SETTINGS then PAYMENT METHOD. I didnt see any PAYPAL option for payment method either. Im so confused. I also tried clicking PAYOUT PREFERENCE but didnt see any payment method using PAYPAL.... Please help! 

Temor0
Level 1
Hurghada, Egypt

how i can changing my bank accound for i can recived money
Nathan26
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

I have the same question. Please help me find the answer

Julie-and-Jose0
Level 2
Glengowrie, Australia

I'm not sure if this will help but I've just spent a couple of hours trying to sort out how to change my bank account details to receive a payment from AirBnB (Called 'payout')

1. Log on to airbnb.com  (in Australia you have to enter airbnb.com.au)
  2. Click on the round circle with your photo in it up the top right hand corner, (after the words Add Listing, Host, Saved, Trips, Messages, Help)
  3. Click on Account
  4. Select Payments & Payouts 
  5. Just underneath the words Payments & Payouts, click on the tap PAYOUT (you should see a bank account listed there.)
  6. Now click on green button "ADD PAYOUT METHOD"
  7. Select your Billing Country/Region
  8. Select how you want to be paid.  (**Note**  I have only selected the BANK TRANSFER IN AUD so I'm unable to help with the others.)
  9. Click NEXT
  10. Under ADD BANK ACCOUNT INFO, select your BANK ACCOUNT TYPE (there are only 2 choices)
  11. Then fill in the new bank details, confirming twice your account number.
  12. Click NEXT
  13. Add the address that is with your bank for the bank account you have selected
  14. Click NEXT
  15. Now confirm all your information is correct.  
  16. Click on SUBMIT
  17. Back in PAYMENTS & PAYOUTS, you should see the new bank account (says PENDING) as well as your other bank account.  **NOTE** I will not delete the old bank account until I receive a payment into the new bank account.
  18. A message appeared saying it will take approximately 2 days for Airbnb to check/approve.
  19. I then received an email about 10 minutes later asking if I changed my banking details and to confirm that I did.
  20. After all that, I'm not sure how to delete the old bank account once the other one is up and running (if that happens!).  It's been a nightmare....thanks Airbnb!!!  But I hope this may help someone.
Todd512
Level 1
Pennsylvania, United States

just did the add a payment method. it was simple took less then 2 minutes. It will be up and running within 10 days and my money now is separated from my other rental income. easier to track. now i can pay the property company monthly rent and watch the balance grow.