Changing Check In time when you already have future bookings

Kailey0
Level 3
Vancouver, Canada

Changing Check In time when you already have future bookings

Hey Everyone,

I'm just looking for some help from some experienced hosts. 

I have changed our check in time from 3:00 to 4:00 but I have a ton of future bookings already. 

I'm not sure how that works with all the future bookings we already have, if it changes on their itinerary or will it still show the 3:00pm? 

Thanks so much!

5 Replies 5
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Kailey0. No, this change will not affect the standing bookings, only those booked AFTER the change.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

@Marzena4 what you have said has always been my understanding!

(And it is what is most fair to the guest.)

However, Emiel did a test where if he changed his check-in time, it *did* change on the guest's itinerary.

(This is the opposite of what happens with Cancellation Policies.)

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Change-check-in-and-out-time/m-p/648130#M150419

So I feel as if the host should certainly *honor* the original check-in time for existing reservations, but changing the check-in time does seem to affect existing reservations nonetheless.

Interesting. So I'll have to keep my eye out on that. That's the hard part of adjusting things on your listing. Having to keep track of the ones with the "old" agreements

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

So in fact it's against general rules... The guest can't be forced to accept such changes.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

@Marzena4 that would be my interpretation.

There might be some confusion if the guest did not keep a copy of their reservation with the original check-in times showing, though.