Changing birth date on my profile

Answered!
Junia1
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Changing birth date on my profile

Hi Guys,

I need help, I put the wrong date of birth on my profile and I can't change.

Anybody knows how to do that?

Thanks

Junia

1 Best Answer
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Junia1

You could close your account and register again in a couple hours.

Or call Airbnb:

https://gethuman.com/phone-number/AirBnB

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Junia1

You could close your account and register again in a couple hours.

Or call Airbnb:

https://gethuman.com/phone-number/AirBnB

Go to profile, click on the profile picture, click on the edit option (pen) and there you can edit your date of birth.

Kelly557
Level 1
Valrico, FL

Nope, you can't just edit your birthday.  I can change alot of things like my name, my sex, my profile description etc.  but not my birthday which is what brought me to this thread.  Anybody else?

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Kelly557  I would image that might be a security issue thing. Say a 17 year old tries to book and finds out she can not because she's not 18. She could go in and change the year to book. Security issue related thing you have to call AirBnB on to have fixed. 

AirBnB number:

United States and Canada

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

Totally get it.  Called AirBNB - they cannot change it.  For some reason the account was set up with my name and hubby's birthday.  I was told that I had to change the name on the account to his name or start a new one.  Absolutely no way to change birthdate.  Aggravating system.  Unbelievable that even AirBNB can't change it even after verification.  

Christina701
Level 1
Athens, GA

you can change it on the app but not on the browser which is dumb

it's true this works in the mobil app thanks

Nozorul0
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

When the government I'd has been provided you cannot re edit the date of birth. what you will need to do is delete the government I'd , edit  the date of birth and reupload the I'd again.

Fred2012
Level 1
Tuckahoe, NY

As well, need to change birthday.  I deleted gov't ID, however still no edit button on mobile or PC for the birthdate change.  On the app, the birthdate isn't even listed.  Please help.

Mark330
Level 2
Byron Bay, Australia

I need to do this too.

The Edit button is greyed out, so it must be possible? Otherwise why have an edit button? I'm using Safari

Biserka9
Level 1
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia

Hi Mark. Did you manage to change it? I cannot and the support is not solving the issue....  @Mark330 

Leanne-and-Lahiru0
Level 2
Weligama, Sri Lanka

I have the same issue here! Did anyone find a solution in the meantime?