Changing credit card

Answered!
Liza48
Level 2
Amirim, Israel

Changing credit card

I would like to change my payment method  (the credit card that I made a reservation with is not actual) and I proceed with "add payment method" but they don't accept it. I have a reservation ( for december 11-18/2017) made with the wrong card and I don't know what to do now... 

1 Best Answer

Hello @Liza48,

OK, when you said "I made a reservation" I understood that the reservation was successful and that you already had a confirmed reservation. Now I understand that no reservation was made.

You can contact Airbnb support by ...

Log in and click on "Help" and then type "contact airbnb" in the "Ask a question ..." box. Then click on the "I want to contact Airbnb" link.
Then click on the "Contact page" link near the end of the page.

You can also type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Liza48,

If you have a confirmed reservation for December 11 to 18 then you've already paid in full. When you make a reservation the credit card you have as the payment method is charged immediately.

If you add a new card now an existing reservation can't be charged to it as you've already paid with the first card.

If you still have issues you should contact Airbnb customer support.

Log in and click on "Help" and then type "contact airbnb" in the "Ask a question ..." box. Then click on the "I want to contact Airbnb" link.

You can also type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

thanks for your reply but I got an email telling that the " MasterCard ending in 0609, which was used to pay for your reservation with Irina, has reported that this charge was unauthorized" (it was my boss card used to pay previous buisness travel) so I reply the email as demanded to give another card number but they didn't reply yet... 

Hello @Liza48,

OK, when you said "I made a reservation" I understood that the reservation was successful and that you already had a confirmed reservation. Now I understand that no reservation was made.

You can contact Airbnb support by ...

Steve.

hello can you tell me if you have solved the situation? I have the same problem

mw too. I want to change my boss card to my own as well

I just had the same problem and realized 5 minutes after I made the reservation that I accidentally charged it to my boss's card. 

I called Airbnb customer support and explained to them that it was my work/boss's credit card and I needed my confirmed existing reservation charged to my personal/Paypal account instead... they told me that the card would get a full refund, and I've received a new confirmation email...

Now I'm just trying to see on my Airbnb profile this record of the change - which I still can't find - so I've contacted their twitter support

Kuroch0
Level 2
Nice, France

I would like to change my credit card 

@Kuroch0 wrote:

how i do it thank you 

@Kuroch0 wrote:

Kuroch0
Level 2
Nice, France

i would like to chang my credit card

Willis3
Level 1
Estero, FL

I need to change the credit card that you have on file for my account.