Changing my name on western union payout

Rachael276
Level 2
Arorangi District, Cook Islands

Changing my name on western union payout

Has anyone ever been successful in getting Airbnb to change the reciever name. Did you talk to an actual human at airbnb to get this done?

Why is Airbnb so hard to get hold of? How can they treat so many hosts who need help so awfully and still be in business. Why am I being charged a service fee and yet I'm given ABSOLUTLEY NO SERVICE!

9 Replies 9
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Rachael276 

If you want to change your payment details I am a little confused as to why you think this has anything to do with Airbnb. Surely you just go into your listing and change them.

All the ways of contacting Airbnb including phone numbers are on the Contact Airbnb post at the top of the forum you are posting in.

They are in business because they have invested successfully in growing themselves to the leading brand for short term rentals.

As always you can vote with your feet if you feel there are other listing companies who would provide you with a better service.

You are right Airbnb's customer service has taken a hammering since Covid but in your case I am not sure what you feel Airbnb should be doing that they haven't?

Rachael276
Level 2

Sorry @Helen3  maybe my post was a little unclear. I imput my name incorrectly for western union money transfers/payouts. Foolishly left my middle name out which is on all my IDs and now I cant collect 2 payouts. Absolutely my fault. Take full responsibility for it.

I've contacted Western union to see if I can resolve myself but the only way it can be rectified is by the sender (Airbnb) amending to  name. Fair enough.

I have tried every number available to me, been left on hold for hours, given my phone number and email address to countless representatives who are unable to answer my questions but will pass my query onto team members who can better assist my query. Tried numerous live chats with so called specialized support team and just keep being told someone will contact me with copy paste generic replies. I feel like for such a huge and successful company that their support team arnt very supportive or knowledgeable. I feel like the service fee they deduct from my accommodation should allow me to get actual help from their help centre. There are no email addresses,  help centre wont give me one so essentially, Me and my payouts are in limbo . After digging around the internet there are lots of stories like mine and AirBnb and lack luster support when we need it.

I'm actually hoping someone replies this post to say they've successfully had Airbnb help them with this issue so I can find some hope.

All I'm asking is for @Helen3  is some help, information, customer service.  I'm asking to not be treated like my issue is insignificant. I'd just like to talk to an ACTUAL PERSON.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Rachael276,

Have you tried the adding another payment method option to see if you can add Western Union again, but with the correct ID information, and then make it your default payout method?  I don't know if it will work, just a suggestion.

Rachael276
Level 2

Hey @Debra300 . Yep as soon as I realised my error I corrected my name for future payouts and made the update my new default. That part was easy. The part I need help with is connecting with someone who works for air bnb and can help me rectify a name change with western Union. 

To be fair it was my own fault! And a stupid mistake to not have added my middle name. It's just very frustrating to not be able to speak to a single rep who can help or at least put me through to someone who can.

Thanks for your suggestion tho. Hope I can get this figured out soon 

Ana29843
Level 1
Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala

Hello I am having the same issue with a payout and have not gotten the help I need do you have any recommendations as to how to make this. They have only sent me articles that were not very helpful in the end. 

@Ana29843 Did you solve this problem? How you did that? I have the same issue.

Hello @Rachel276 ! I just got a payout, went to the local western union office and as I am reading, I had a similar problem as you did. Can you please let me know what you did in order to get a hold of your payout? Did you have to wait? In my country, because of local regulations and due to the amount of the payout, Western Union asks that the sender of the money puts down my two last names and my airbnb account was only under my first last name because of course in other countries the second last name is not used. 

Let me know, anything you can tell me will be greatly appreciated! 

Kindly,

Maria

@Maria-Jose109 Did you solve this problem? How you did that? I have the same issue.

Rachael276
Level 2

I want to let anyone who views this post that after a long journey of talking to multiple support agents I have finally resolved my issue with the help of an amazing team member of airbnb support team. Original payouts were cancelled. And new payouts were made in the correct default name to western union. Collecting over over 3k USD of payouts tomorrow. 

Beyond Happy with the outcome!