Changing number of rooms and number of guests starting on a certain date

Answered!
Steve-and-Nicole0
Level 2
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Changing number of rooms and number of guests starting on a certain date

Beginning on a certain date, we will no longer offer 3 bedrooms for 8 guest in our airbnb and will go down to 2 bedrooms and 4 guests.   Up until that point, we would like to continue to accept reservations for full use of the unit.   I know we can edit the listing, but that takes effect immediately.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

1 Best Answer

@Emiel1  they can use duplicate listing just for this transitional period and when it ends they can unlist it and continue with their old listing if they have a lot of reviews already

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Steve-and-Nicole0 

You can duplicate (duplicate function) the listing and use the second listing with updated settings for bookings from that "certain date". BTW The reviews will start new on the second listing.

@Emiel1  they can use duplicate listing just for this transitional period and when it ends they can unlist it and continue with their old listing if they have a lot of reviews already

@Steve-and-Nicole0,

If you follow @Emiel1's advice, please remember to link the calendar of both listings so you don't get double bookings for the same space. As she said, the new listing will not have any ratings, but will still display your Superhost status.  I used this feature to offer my apartment as either a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1864/how-do-i-link-airbnb-calendars-for-multiple-listings

Steve-and-Nicole0
Level 2
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Will we retain a connection to our host rating?   In other words, will we still show as superhosts for the 2nd listing?

I think it's a good point on which listing to have as the long-term vs short term.  Sounds like we should duplicate the listing for the short term.  So, duplicate then change the original to 2 bedrooms, but block out the dates until we know it's just going to be a 2 bed.  The duplicate listing will remain as-is, but not bookable beyond the certain date.