Changing the listing title.

Stephanas-Tuglio0
Level 1
São Paulo, Brazil

Changing the listing title.

Hey guys, good morning.

When I first announced my place on airbnb I followed the site suggestion, so my listing title is "Cozy 2BD with parking included" (https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/6705197).

But now after some months I believe I could have a better title. Do you know how to change it? I managed to change pretty much anything, but the title.

Thank you for your help!

Stephanas **

21 Replies 21
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

description.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

This is fine for the ad on AirBnB but for some reason my old ad does not update when pasting the link into Facebook. I have changed it many times and it still has the old title when I copy and paste the listing into posts

Same is happening to me, my title is changed on Airbnb but when I copy link, it’s the old one

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Joyce-and-Chuck0 

It is a facebook issue, not an Airbnb issue.

It will change after a while, when caches are refreshed.

Maria753
Level 1
Marietta, GA

I follow the suggestions from Airbnb, but they don't let me change the title.  I need to change my title.  Can someone help me please?

This is not possible.  I have not found anyway that my changes to the listing title are saved, like a previous commenter.  This is clearly a bug that AirBnb needs to address!!!!

Corene1
Level 1
Arkansas, United States

Once you see the Dashboard

1. Select "Your Listings"

2. Select the Link of the listing you want to change (Under you're Ready to Publish)

3. Select "Edit Listing"

4. Under "Photos, short description, title" - Select change

5. Under "Step 2: Set the scene" you will see 3 tabs that say Photos-Description-Title

6. Select Title on the top right side to change your Title Listing

This should help you AirBNB Family!

Daniel-Rusteen0
Level 10
California, United States

I know this post is a bit old, but if you want a refresher course on how to master your Airbnb title, I just wrote a blog post about this with 8 tips.

What do you mean you followed the site suggestion? I did not know they suggest a title name?

You do not explian how to CHANGE a title, which is what this post is about.

@Vivian6  Go to you dashboard and click on Listing. On Listing Details scroll down to Title & Description and hit Edit You can change it there. Just be sure to save it. 

Leonardo244
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

Just giving my two cents... I Had the same problem I was trying to change the listing mane, over and over and it still showing the same it was kinda frustrating I even called Airbnb Support, no solution. 

I fixed with the next procedure.  If you are using google chrome you only need to delete the browsing data. (be aware that all your autofill will be lost and Airbnb website will ask you again for permission) 

But once its done everything works perfect and the listing name will be updated as it supposes to. (you can do the same in other browsers like Firefox, Safari etc... )

Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 14.14.36.png

Hope to have helped you with this approach to troubleshoot the not updating listing names 

thanks

Philip2143
Level 2
Saint-Michel-de-Maurienne, France

Thank you - thank you.

Whilst I am not 100% sure that your method was what did it, I did switch to another browser ( Firefox) and cleared all history.  

On the title and description page, the "save" button goes on and off ( mostly off) with a mind of its own.  I have wasted a lot of time and lost text as I tried to add detail in two languages.

I see that this and similar problems go back some time so it is plain that AirBnB need to spend some of their resources on their incredibly clonky interface, instead of on employees firing out snotty, unhelpful posts.

I finally managed to get to the bottom of the page with the Save button active - so success.  But when I went immediately back to that page to make a typo edit, once again it is greyed out ( despite all fields being filled.  

If Airbnb worked well, I wouldn't have had to put my place on 4 other sites !

@Philip2143 I suspect the reason the save button is greying out is that you are exceeding the character limit in the description field. Airbnb is not overly helpful as this field does not include a characters remaining count!