Channel Manager getting Error when sending Prices to Airbnb in United Kingdom

Channel Manager getting Error when sending Prices to Airbnb in United Kingdom

Hi All, Totally new and trying to set up my 3 listings for Glamping Safari tents in the UK. I am using E4JConnect as my channel manager between Vik Booking on my web site and Airbnb. When trying to interface I get this error and the prices are totally wrong :-

The update request was successful but the following warnings were returned
e4j.error.BadStatusResponse
api_frwrk_af3fa0cca7ce4622b31f05bf66beb5e2
Illegal request, tot_registration_id is required for NO_AIRBNB_COLLECTED_TAX listings

It seems to have taken the base rate but has misinterpreted the discounts resulting in lower prices on Airbnb than they should be. As far as I understand "tot_registration_id" is a US tax so I have no idea why I'm getting this error.

Has anyone had this and knows how to fix it as the support centre have told me it's not their problem as I'm using a channel manager even though the error has to be coming from Airbnb. He "Set my Expectations" about 20 times on the last call and that expectation was they weren't going to help and there is no technical team I can talk to instead of the muppets they call support engineers. 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You will need to contact your channel manager @Chris16545 

presumably you have addressed the issue in the error regarding ID? 

Hi Helen,

Thanks for replying and yes all sorted eventually although Airbnb did managed to take a booking without applying VAT to it so my first customers got a really good 20% discount !!

Regards

Chris