Charge more for bank holidays

Mark184
Level 1
England, GB

Charge more for bank holidays

Is there a facility to charge more for bank holiday weekends and festive periods?
2 Replies 2
Danny9
Level 10
Palma, Spain

@Mark184

Yes, there is. 

Actually, you can set your pricing for each day individually - a truly great feature. 

HOST>manage listings>Calendar and More

You may want to be very careful with turning on the Smart Pricing feature. It makes a lot of sense to consult it but you may want to remain in charge of your pricing, nonetheless. 

Danny

If you find this information helpful, consider clicking the Thumbs-Up icon near lower right. Thanks!

Michael360
Level 2
Virginia, United States

Hello! So I am a rather new host and I have been toying with the pricing settings to see what works best. It seems as if you are not using the Smart Pricing? What are the benifits you are seeing from not using it? I set a minimum pricing and then turn on Smart Pricing and it never goes below my minimum but I have seen it increase my price. I also use the weekend pricing to set all Fridays and Saturdays to a higher price. I live in Philly and I've found that price is very elastic here in the city. I could even probably raise my min. price by at least 10 if not 15 dollars more but should I be trying to maximize my profits to the fullest? Right now I feel as if my guest are getting a good value for the price and I am amking a profit.