Charged twice

Alexandru5
Level 1
Cluj-Napoca, Romania

Charged twice

I made a reservation yesterday for June. I saw then that the double amount of money was blocked from my credit card. Why? And how can I call this company????

24 Replies 24
Abdelmottaleb0
Level 1
Tangier, Morocco

today the 25/10/2019, the exact same happened to me , when triying to pay my second payment of 96€ , they charged my credit card exactly the double of the amount , i contacted them but they shows me a screen shot that proves nothing . 

if they don't give me my money back i'm going to the san francisco headquarters ... i'd feel better about getting robbed by them and their terrible customer service. 

*offensive comment removed*

Jay1403
Level 1
Springfield, MA

Just went through this got double charged for my Airbnb and airbnb claims I did not get charged twice. I have a bill statement and a negative account that says other wise. But apparently It’s not showing on their end. My bank says I should call the merchant it would be fastest way but clearly the merchant (airbnb) claims they didn’t charge me. This is all just suspicious to me.

did you get a refund from airbnb or your bank? because this just happened to me

Pamela996
Level 2
Boulder, CO

I was charged a matter of 3 times but one of them was refunded when I canceled my booking but the other 2 ($942.83X2) are still not refunded. I have already spent about an hour trying to get this sorted out. I'm never using Airbnb again. I will update if I get any sort of resolution.

Jess3907
Level 2
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago

I have been charged twice also. Airbnb has refused to answer me on the matter and the bank did a 4 week long  investigation proving it. Still no response so have to go the chargeback route which will take months to fight for my money back. I used air bnb all the time but this is my last trip with them. Planning to do a vlog and facebook post on the experience.  I hope they are charged 100 times what I am trying to get back by the banks fraud dept in penalties for wasting their time looking into this again. Husband is a lawyers so I think I will also send a legal letter seperately to claim for the 100s I spent in international calls to my bank. This was ridiculous. They made me feel like I had the time, energy or care to try and scam them out of my own money when they see I pay thousands on stays with them all the time. Wasnt smart, they will lose a lot more now. 

I just had this happened to me. I was trying to book an Airbnb and the system said the payment was rejected twice.I ended up using another card. However, minutes after that I noticed the two initial payments actually went through.

This system does not feel reliable at all, specially seeing this is not uncommon.

Vitaly27
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

I've just been charged twice. The system showed that my booking is cancelled and asked to try booking again. Then I found that the money was debited twice.

Is the any way to get my money back?

Any progress with yours? I see you are in Auckland same as me...dont think that has anything to do with it, just find it interesting its same region for the most recent ones

Charged twice. At the beginning stages of this so will update once it progresses....$2600 charged twice is not awesome. ANYONE here get their money back???