Cheap and easy marketing idea

Ben205
Level 10
Crewkerne, United Kingdom

Cheap and easy marketing idea

Hi. I thought you might be interested in an idea we've put into practice that might help promote your place. We've made up a postcard that guests can colour in and send to family and friends.

It's too early to know if we'll get bookings but guests seem to like them. And not just the children!

Total cost was less than the price of a night's stay.

If you want more details (or help with the artwork), message me.

Cheers.

Ben

20200807_124453.jpg

20 Replies 20
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Ben205@Kelly149,

You both have some very great ideas.  They better suited for sending the cards within a domestic postal service or to a country with reliable mail service.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

lol @Debra300 our mail to & from New Zealand is at least 4 weeks delay with sailing vessels stranded in international waters.

Did you have access to buying stamps to post mail during your lockdown?

Our Post Offices & shops that sell stamps were all closed which is crazy as been able to buy stationary & stamps is an essential service.

It's times like this one  has time to write a hand written letter..

& send cards or a parcel to those on their own.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Helen427,

I just made mention of the postal service, because I know in the Caribbean that mail service often does not include residential delivery.  With the advent of email, texting/phone apps, social media, and online billing, folks infrequently go to the post office to retrieve mail.  Most stamps sold are for stamp duties, and not postage.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Ben205 et al - since I'm a remote host I also wanted to come up with something inexpensive and unique.  One of these notepads is put by each bed:

Diagonair_note_cards.jpg

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Ben205,

It's soooo nice to see you back in the CC and with such a great post. I hope you and your family are keeping well. 

Lovely idea, thanks for sharing. I remember hearing that the adult colouring booking are super popular and so I can see why your guests enjoy these cards. Did you draw the design yourself? 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hello Everyone! 

I am new to Airbnb Platform and I am trying to find ways to market our first listing. I want to drive more towards long term stays and I just don’t know where to start! Any suggestions or marketing tips or even changes for the listing? I appreciate all of your feedback, so don’t hold back! I am unable to post the link in this message unfortunately , please advise on an easier way to provide access to the listing!