Check-in block-out dates

Rachel376
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Check-in block-out dates

My current #1 desire for my Airbnb hosting experience is to have the option to block-out certain days for check-in while leaving them available for a reservation.

For example, say I have Mondays-Sundays available for reservations at my Airbnb, but I am only available to ready the space/meet guests on Mondays. I don't want to block reservations for Tuesdays-Sundays; I simply want to block reservations that BEGIN on Tuesdays-Sundays.

Please, Airbnb, prioritize this update!

26 Replies 26

Hi, can you please tell me how you change minimum stay for specific dates, please? I cannot seem to find the right button.

Thank you, Lea

I'm not clear on how to change reservation requirements for certain dates or a range of dates - can you point me to this? 

@Aimee36, you have asked your question in the middle of a 4-month old discussion. 

(Your comment was actually a little hard to find.)

I'm not entirely sure which reservation requirements you want to make custom settings for, but I am just going to guess you want to set different minimum nights stay.

Here is a help guide for doing that for certain dates:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Setting-a-Different-Minimum-Number-of-Nights-for-Differe...

Thank you - yes I realize now that my question was lost, so I'm very glad you found it! It was my first time using the community and I was trying to ask a question of that particular comment. 

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!!

Hi, Lizzie! Are you aware of any progress towards reconciling this issue that I and others are experiencing with the Airbnb platform? 

Simon237
Level 4
Brisbane City, Australia

I'd like to see the option to specify certain specific dates (as opposed to days of the week) that a guest cannot check in. In my case, I often have a few days away from home. Currently I need to block out these dates so guests cannot create a booking with a check in while I'm away, but I'm happy for a guest to stay if they have checked in before I leave. When I looked in the calendar this morning, there doesn't seem to be this option for specific dates.

@Marzena4, my screen shot from the "Availability" section looks just like @Rachel376 's does. 

@Carol-Lee1 I am logged in on a PC through a cabled connection.

Ah, the fun wrinkles of settings!  Maybe @Lizzie could let us know if this is a how-accessing-platform thing, or a what-other-settings-are-set thing, or perhaps a regional thing?  And somehow at the moment I'm not getting the exact right match for admin Lizzie in the popup choices...time to step away from my computer!!

Just make sure.  You do see Availability?  

Once there do you see Additional Requirementsts under Trip length?

@Harriet0 wrote:

@Marzena4, my screen shot from the "Availability" section looks just like @Rachel376 's does. 

@Carol-Lee1 I am logged in on a PC through a cabled connection.

@Ah, the fun wrinkles of settings!  Maybe @Lizzie could let us know if this is a how-accessing-platform thing, or a what-other-settings-are-set thing, or perhaps a regional thing?  And somehow at the moment I'm not getting the exact right match for admin Lizzie in the popup choices...time to step away from my computer!!

If you go to Edit Aditional requirements you will see the places to add additional requirements and customize stays.

All that is available to me under "Additional Requirements" is the options to set minimum/maximum stay policies & set up block-out dates for specific date ranges, etc. No options to set up a block out date for specific days of the week. I can set up a policy to only accept reservations on a specific day (one day of the week), but this is not useful to me. 

Barrie3
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

There is also a contradiction between availablity settings and blocked dates, blocked dates are 2400-2400 but bookings are 1000 to 1600 for example. How do you block 7 days as if it were a reservation. If I block the Friday the first day then it would seem to be unavaialble for the day before as it is occupied at midnight THU/FRI. If I just block it from midnight Fri/Sat, I get reservation requests to stay Friday night into Saturday when it is unavailable.

Barking. 

I'm a newbie too and this simple thing is something I'm trying to figure out. My guests want to leave on the 15th but I don't want anyone else checking in on the 15th. Do I unblock the 15th so my guests can reserve? Or do I block it so no one can check in then? (I know there is a "prep time" setting but I don't want to change that.)

Petr-and-Jane0
Level 1
South Moravian Region, Czechia

I really need to block checkins and checkouts in specific days, not regulary.  For example i am going off my house on Thursday 15.8.2019 and come back on Sunday 18.8.2019. I want a guest who will checkin till Thuersday and leave on Sunday 18th  or later. But I cannot accept a guest which wants to come on Friday the 16.8.2019 because I will not be home. I need to plan my calendar this way. Pls help.