Check-in block-out dates

Rachel376
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Check-in block-out dates

My current #1 desire for my Airbnb hosting experience is to have the option to block-out certain days for check-in while leaving them available for a reservation.

For example, say I have Mondays-Sundays available for reservations at my Airbnb, but I am only available to ready the space/meet guests on Mondays. I don't want to block reservations for Tuesdays-Sundays; I simply want to block reservations that BEGIN on Tuesdays-Sundays.

Please, Airbnb, prioritize this update!

26 Replies 26
Steve2743
Level 10
Calgary, Canada

This is a great idea. I've often thought if like something similar for my work schedule. I block the day before and after a reservation because I work Mon-Fri, 9-5. I'd need a 7 or 8 pm check-in time to have one guest check in on the same day another leaves. That's way too late of a check-in for most guests. But on Saturdays and Sundays, I can easily accommodate this. It would be nice if we could automatically block the day before/after, only if that day falls on a weekday (or whatever days the host chooses). 

Steve
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

But we have already got this tool... @Rachel376 & @Steve2743. Isn't it what you mean?

checkinout.jpg

And then if you open that link at the bottom:

checkinDAYS.jpg

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

@Marzena4 thanks for the screen shot!

Is it possible this is available only for active listings?  I created and then unlisted my listing, we're not live quite yet.

Or am I at the wrong part of the listing?  This is in the "Booking Settings" section when editing the listing.  Here's what it looks like for me, on a PC (desktop) - no option to "specify days"...

check in time pic.jpg

Nope, @Harriet-and-Stu0, it is in the tab Availability - my screenshots were from there:

Availability_all.jpg

That explains it, thanks @Marzena4

For an unlisted listing, the Availability tab does not include Check-in and checkout.  Plenty for me to look forward to when we go live 🙂

@Harriet-and-Stu0 - I am not sure what you mean. Below is a screenshot of my inlisted listing (that used to be listed):

Availability_Plaszow.jpg

It has that option, as you can see and I can edit it. So you should be able to work on yours as well.

Thank you so much for telling us how to set up blocking check in dates.  It can only be accessed from a laptop or desktop.  It doesn't show on my iPad.  I wanted to block check ins on Wednesday without blocking the day because I have a class on Wednesday.  I also found you can change minimum booking days for specific dates, like over Thanksgiving or Christmas.  I don't want to have to change plans because someone books for one night on Christmas Eve or the day after thanksgiving but I will for a 5 night booking.  So thanks!  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Rachel376,

Great to hear your suggestion here and what you would find really helpful. I just wanted to check you have seen the responses here and if this is helpful to you?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Apparently I'm working with a different Airbnb platform? 

My listing is live, and yet I do not have this option that Marzena is describing & illustrating with screenshots. Any options I have to manage check-in policies are under the "Booking Settings" tab, and the options do not include blocking out certain days. 

Screenshot 2017-09-25 10.40.00.png

Screenshot 2017-09-25 10.40.07.png

@Rachel376 You attached a screenshot from the "Booking settings" tab (second):

bookings_NO.jpg

You must go to the "Availability" tab:

avail_yes.jpg

I am aware that those are from the Booking Settings tab. Booking Settings is the only place where I have been able to find options to manage check-in times, etc. 

The screenshots below are from the Availability tab. I see something different from your options, apparently, and there is no option for me to block-out specific days. 

Screenshot 2017-09-25 21.14.41.png

Screenshot 2017-09-25 21.14.56.png

It seems that it is only set for some Airbnb users. Does someone know when it will be out for everyone?

Also, can you block a specific date (November 11th for example) or only days in a week?

I found it depends what kind of device you use.  On an iPad I don't get all the options available on my laptop or desktop.  Try logging on with either one of those and see if you find how to block certain specific dates.  I also found you can change reservation requirements for certain dates or a range of dates.  For instance I usually allow a one night stay but over Christmas and Thanksgiving I changed it to 5 days and for New Years Eve, minimum stay is 3 nights.

hope this helps

thanks for your interest in helping! I am logging into Airbnb using a laptop, and still no luck. All the screenshots I've posted have been from a laptop.