Check off box Requesting government ID and drop down box for full names and ID of all adult guests

Check off box Requesting government ID and drop down box for full names and ID of all adult guests

How can government ID requirements be set for standard bookings, not just for instant book since that is a majority of who we get?

There must be some tab to check or some way that Airbnb can manually set it up for the host so we don't keep having to sift through each request.

It is not giving us the safety we and our neighbors need. If there is a remedy for this requirement on standard bookings, great, otherwise, I'd like to speak with someone who can add this feature to our listing setup.... and I'm not talking about someone saying, "We'll discuss it at our next meeting."

This is really problematic and is apparently something that Airbnb thought of when they set up the instant book feature.
One of the Airbnb programmers needs to add a check off box to the listing set up, requiring government ID, as well as what I mention in my paragraph below.

On the subject of safety, as you have seen from my other email stream over the past two days, is there a way to REQUIRE the primary guest to add the full names of the additional adult guests. There is potential of liability issues if the other guests are unknown. Also, if full name and ID of the additional adult guests are not vetted through government ID, I really think that can be a real safety issue for the hosts and surrounding neighborhoods. There are many children living in and around Airbnb listings and we want their safety as well as everyone's safety to be paramount!

What does Airbnb have in place for this?

1 Reply 1

@Alice1110  Airbnb does not have anything in place for this - it's one of their ways of trying to pressure hosts into activating Instant Book. 

The work around is to ask for the full names before accepting a booking and state clearly in your House Rules  that all registered adult guests will have to present a photo ID upon arrival in order to receive the keys to the home, and no unregistered guests will be permitted on the property at any time. You may refuse entry to a guest who declines to show ID, but unfortunately Airbnb has the final decision over whether you get your payout.