Check out/Check in

Antonela0
Level 1
Kaštel Kambelovac, Croatia

Check out/Check in

Dear all,

Is there a particular reason why "check-out" time can be chosen to be greater than "check-out" time in Airbnb website. For example you can put check -in at 10 AM and check out at 2 PM so there is "overlap" between guest who is leaving and the one who is arriving.

Thanks,

Antonela

3 Replies 3
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Antonela0

If a host has a day inbetween bookings, they can offer this to let guests leave in the afternoon on Monday and accept a new guest on Tuesday morning for ex. A guest only sees blocked days and not the reason for them, so might think there is an overlap.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Antonela0

I'm actually glad that Airbnb allows this option with check-in and out times to accommodate host wishes on separate days for one guest leaving and another arriving. I for one wouldn't want a turn over on the same day, actually couldn't even do it. 

While I fully agree with @Victoria57 about  Airbnb's cryptic website issues, I personally think that with these options of the issue you raised are extremely useful to any normal person who needs a certain constellation. The options just have to be used with common sense and different scenarios in mind.

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Antonela0 as with everything else on your listing you have to do it carfully and make sure the check in time is after the check out time and that if they are on the same day that you have left enough time to get the place ready.

Despite paying their senior IT people squillions of dollars, there are may things related to the AirBnB website and systems where any normal person would think "why on earth does it do/not do this?"!