Check your listing

Answered!
Jaye-And-Guy0
Level 2
Labrador, Australia

Check your listing

Hello Everyone,

We rent out an entire apartment and have always been almost fully booked. It had been a long time since our last new booking request so I had a look through our listing. Somehow both bedrooms had been set (not by us) to "shared" when this has never been the case. As soon as I changed this back we go 3 bookings! It's worth checking all your settings regularly!  Cheers, Jaye

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico
7 Replies 7
Renée16
Level 2
Charlottetown, Canada

I noticed this as well, some spaces were listed as "shared", when they NEVER have been. AIRBNB changed things, this explains several inquiries I also had in the last month orso regarding if I also live there while guests are there? I just referred people back to the listing and stated that theyre renting the ENTIRE SPACE and nobody lives there, I clued in when I saw that checkbox on the app a few days ago... surprised this isn't a bigger topic!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Jaye-And-Guy0 @Renee16

As Sarah ahs mentioned above this is discussed elsewhere, there's several threads on it, including  'Pet Friendly' thread as you will find in amongst those changes there's also provisions for beds in the kitchen & laundry which is exactly where some people allow there pets to sleep.

All the best

Thanks, hadnt seen that thread!

Susan1761
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

Same thing happened to me.  I was reviewing my page for a different reason and saw that such things as bathroom and living space was checked as shared, which is not and has never been the case.  Scary!

Bob40
Level 10
Montevarchi, Italy

Sound advice to always check your listing. Looks like they're constantly "improving" things, instead of letting well alone, and in copying across to the new database, both my properties lost their "Instant book" so no enquires or bookings for a month until I investigated the listings. Pretty much the same thing happened last year.

"They can improve things as much as they like, they don't get any better!" The Dean in Porterhouse Blue, Tom Sharpe,

Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

Same as everyone.

I got a popup or some kind of message saying "guests are unsure what parts of your property are shared" 

I guess if you ignore this they put everything to shared.

Problem is where to go to correct it

I found it I think.