Children under 18 not allowed

Jayne96
Level 1
Western Australia, Australia

Children under 18 not allowed

Hi all 

My property is not suitable for anyone under the age of 18. I have just had a booking for a woman and child aged  13. My description says must be over 18 but she screenshot the Airbnb page that says under 12.  Any ideas how I can change the age from 12 to 18.  It makes me look so unprofessional when I can't stipulate the rules of my property.  

Cheers thanks in advanced 

Jayne Lyfe at the Stix 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You need to put this in your house rules and make it clear up front in the listing title  I.e ‘beach front cottage 18+ only’  @Jayne96 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Jayne96 .

I see that your listings all say child free environment and / or must be 18+.

However, in your house rule descriptors, all but the first listing state Not suitable for infants or children with the house rules at the front of the listing saying not  under 12. This info could be repeated at “other things to note”

Alter the wording in the house rules as specifically stating adults (18+) only only allowed to be on the property. As a matter of safety, any bookings received where guests under 18, will not be accepted.

Place the age statement as suggested by @Helen3. Also only adults allowed on site. 18 years is an adult in Australia.

Also, take it further and ensure the tabs for infants under two and over, are not switched on.