City of Chicago Renewal

Jenny1403
Level 2
Chicago, IL

City of Chicago Renewal

Hi, Airbnb keeps telling me my registration with the city of Chicago is expiring August 15th and when I contact the city shared housing they tell me it is still current and I dont need to/shouldnt renew until they send me a renewal notice and they wlll not be sending these for several months. This is the 1st time doing this directly through the City as airbnb always took care of this in the past but now we are forced to do it directly. Has anyone else had any issues with this? How do i contact Airbnb to ask if i can continue on my previous registration #?

3 Replies 3
Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Jenny1403  My registration also expires on August 15th.   

BACP had a public webinar about the new registration portal.  They made a point of saying that if we are re-registering, we should just wait until we get a notification to do so.   

I called BACP and they told me that they will not expire anybody until we have had an opportunity to renew, and that Airbnb gets the expiry information from the City, not the other way around.  They show my current registration is good. 

As of my last conversation with them, they didn't indicate they would be pushing any dates back. 

If you go to their portal website, it also has a message saying we should wait to be notified.

I aired my concerns about the repeated messages we are getting from Airbnb about renewal, and they just said to wait.  

https://webapps1.chicago.gov/chicagohouseshare/

It's unlikely that Airbnb support will have any idea at all. 

I am going to check in with BACP again a week or so before August 15th, and also keep any reservation information for August and September on spreadsheet just in case....

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Jenny1403   I just got the email to go ahead and renew my registration.  The message has all the instructions. 

Thanks, I got mine today as well. &  I was able to get in touch with airbnb in August and they gave me the same info they gave you and said to use my current registration til the City contacted me, but yes all of the messages from them were stressing me out.