Cleaning Fee

Julie3979
Level 1
Wellingborough, United Kingdom

Cleaning Fee

Hi, we've just listed our place and the bookings have started coming in already.

I have a quick question regarding cleaning fees, we've added it to our listings and can see it's been added to each reservation.

However, on the breakdown of each reservation the 'amount paid to us' does not include it, so I'm wondering if its added at the time of payout and we then forward it to the cleaner, or whether it goes direct to them from airbnb?

Hope this makes sense to someone lol

Many thanks

Steve

4 Replies 4
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Julie3979   I charge my guests a cleaning fee.  It is paid to me as I do not have a co-host and my cleaner is not listed as a partner.  I can see the fee included in my payout on the breakdown:

Cleaning.JPG

Julie3979
Level 1
Wellingborough, United Kingdom

Thank you!

All new to us, hoping for a good first summer.

Hanni46
Level 2
Northampton, MA

@Julie3979   I am experiencing the same issue.  I am a seasoned Air BnB traveler but new to hosting.  We are pretty booked for the summer.  My listing clearly shows a cleaning fee but in my first two payouts the cleaning fee is missing.  I just spent considerable time on the phone with a customer service rep and she looked at my listing and could see everything.  After putting me on hold numerous times (which I did not mind) she told me that she was documenting my conversation and the issue but there was nothing she could do about it.  She said if it happens again to call back and then a different team will be assigned to the case.  This was so disappointing.  Anyone?

Dorothy190
Level 3
Hickory, NC

Your should be able to see your information like Lorna shows.  As soon as my cleaning person is finished, I send her money through Venmo.  This helps me keep a running total on my payouts for cleaning.