Cleaning fee after pets in a pet free home

Enci0
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Cleaning fee after pets in a pet free home

Hello hosts, 

Our listing clearly states that we don't allow pets but our last guest had a dog in our home and we found dog poop on the carpet.

What would a resonable fee be for cleaning the carpet? I thought to deduct that fee from the deposit.

Thanks,

Enci

1 Reply 1
Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Enci0

I've been there too...  My last claim was about smoking inside the house and Airbnb REFUSED the payment of the FULL amount I claimed... They only paid whatever they felt like we deserved...

First you need to collect as many evidence as possible, poop pictures, stains on carpet, a written statement from your guest talking about the dog (a message reply on Airbnb is the best), and whatever else you find...  And get a professional for the cleaning help WITH receipts...

You need to file your claim no later than 48 hours after you guest departed OR before the next guest arrives...

Without the receipts or invoices Airbnb WILL NOT PAY in full...

If you clean yourself you most likely to get whatever they want to pay... You will not get paid for your time and service...

Short answer for your question...

Ask from your guest exactly what your pro cleaner charged your and provided the receipt...

Just a little bit more about my claim, Total was $75...

I claimed $25 for a burnt tea kettle and

$50 for the smoke removal from the house, new a/c filter, scrubbing carpets, sofas and washing all linen including curtains... Most likely they smoked pot or a very strong cigar inside the house...

Without explanation Airbnb paid $50 out of the $75 claimed...  My security deposit is set in $200

Luis