Cleaning fees during peak season vs year round

Mitch14
Level 2
Scarborough, ME

Cleaning fees during peak season vs year round

We are in a summer, beach community.

Off season, we are happy to have guests when it is convenient to us and I do the cleaning myself. Our rates are competitive and there is no cleaning fee so we do well and exceed the income a month to month rental would bring- it works for us.

June-July-August we rent by the week and need to add a cleaning fee because people tend to track a lot of beach sand which takes more time.  I'm a real estate agent and the summer is  busy so I  have to hire out a cleaner.

It doesn't appear that I can add a cleaning fee for just the summer months?  Since our off season folks are normally Fri-Sun would you just lower the price and add a cleaning fee? But even still I can't quite figure out how to realistically do it.  Summer I would do a $150 cleaning free which for a week is reasonable but doesn't make sense for a weekend especially when I'll just be doing it myself.

I don't want to lose our off season business but I'm getting summer bookings without cleaning fees and I know I'm going to regret that .

1 Reply 1
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Mitch14

you can not charge cleaning fee in summer and not in winter , you should just rise your summer price and lower off season price.