Cleaning: paying and doing

Tatiana118
Level 1
Vladivostok, Russia

Cleaning: paying and doing

Hello everyone.

All the discussions I read are between hosts, and I do not see any discussion between guests, neither is there any way to ask this question directly at the Airbnb service, so here I am trying this help center.

I made a reservation, booked an apartment. The cleaning fee is mentioned, it is included in the total sum that I paid. It means that the host is supposed to clean the apartment after my stay. However, the description of the rules says the following: "On check out please ensure: (a few reasonable points and) rubbish is separated into recyclable and waste. Both must be taken to 1 F. (Level 1)".

How should I interpret this? I am a tidy person, but some rubbish is still inevitable; I do understand this is not a hotel with a daily cleaning service, however, is not throwing the garbage after my stay supposed to be a part of the cleaning that I paid for? 

1 Reply 1
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Tatiana118 I look at the cleaning fee as payment you make to ensure the apartment is clean for your arrival. Many hosts request that guests gather up their garbage & recycling on check-out, it's a very small part of the cleaning that the host will do after you leave and it's a reasonable request. - Karen