Cleaning

Iuliana1
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Cleaning

How often should I offer cleaning for my Airbnb guest? 

If they are for a short stay 3/4days, should I provide them maid/cleaner? After 2 days only?

thanks, 

iuliana

5 Replies 5
Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

Hi @Iuliana1, for my space, I offer cleaning after 5 days. Most of my guests are 2-4 days. I do leave several very good towels for all guests, but I don't worry about cleaning between times for the shorter stays. I do only allow 2 guests, so there is really not that much mess. I think the dirt increases with the number of guests you accommodate.

Holly88
Level 2
Panama City, FL

Hi luliana, I live in a town where tourism is a huge big deal, and I clean vacation rentals for a living. My suggestion is always clean between guest, and if you have guest staying longer than a week once a week. If you are taking care of their laundry during their stay I would do any laundry every two to three days. This is to help you and make your life easier in the end. If you need any help on stain removal or best way to clean something I would be happy to assist, I've cleaned for over 12 years. 🙂

Anna871
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

That is very useful to know thanks for asking was wondering the same. My guess refused the cleaning after a week (was staying 2 weeks) and when he left the place was a disaster. Luckily no long term damage but I have thrown away 5 bags of his rubbish. 

Can I insist on doing the cleaning if someone stays longer? 

Also, how does this work? Shouldn't guess throw out boxes and main rubbish after himself? I don't charge the cleaning fee with the booking...

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Anna871

For bookings of 7 nights or more I insist on access to change bedding, this gives me the opportunity to check for damage etc. On arrival tell them (nicely), Rubbish to be put wherever you want it putting and bedding will be changed on 7th night or some such thing.

I think you need to be a tiny bit more assertive, some guests will walk all over you given a chance.

Anna871
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Jeff158! Fair point! I've only started hosting a few months ago and this is really the first time that thing like that happened. You are right, I should be more precise when I define the cleanness standards. I just wasn't sure because it was the first time that we were treated like 'service providers' and cleaners rather than 'i'm sharing my home with you, let's be nice to each other' 🙂