Cleaning

Olivia128
Level 2
Cloverdale, Australia

Cleaning

I am hoping to get advice from others out there in regards to cleaning.

I dont personally clean my Airbnb (apartment) but I do use a professional cleaner to clean the apartment everytime after guests check out.

I have had 2 guests on different occasions say to me that the apartment clean was not to standard and have asked for cleaning refunds or full rent refund with them vacating immediately. When this does happen i do take the complaints to face value and try to rectify immediately but does any one out there take photos of the bedding being stripped/fridge being emptied/ dishwasher emptied/ oven cleaned etc when they are cleaning and then take photos again once the apartment is cleaned and keep on file in case a cleaning complaint does come in the near future. 

Thanks 

Olivia 

4 Replies 4
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

In fact, whether a host cleans themselves or uses a service, it is up to them and their sole responsibility to make sure the place offered to the guests has been cleaned, @Olivia128

I'm afraid Airbnb asks hosts to provide photo evidence in the case of damage claims, but they might not require it from guests - they tend to side with guests in general.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

@Marzena4 thanks for this. We go over and beyond and Airbnb still cant be impartial! 

How detailed do you go with photos for evidence? 

When it comes to the damage claims, @Olivia128, even if the evidence leaves no doubt, success is not guaranteed with Airbnb reps whatsoever. As I said, they tend to support guests and reject or kill as many cases as possible - it's all about the money.

Here, with that cleaning issue, for Airbnb even photos might not be necessary. Guests' complaints, especially multiple ones, would be enough. So in a way you should sort it out with your cleaning service based on photo evidence from your guests. I don't know how much you rely on that service.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Merlyn5
Level 4
Montesano, WA

Before I turn over the house to my guests, I take a complete video of the place, inside and out and then key in their entry code. Then after they depart I do an entire walk through of the house opening every cupboard, looking in every room and a visual item inventory. If anything is askew, I then take another video and individual photos of the damage. Only on one Instance have I had to contact the guest. Once presented with the evidence he openly admitted to the indiscretion.