Client sent an inquiry twice but isnt confirming

Stefanie53
Level 2
Saint-Leu, Réunion

Client sent an inquiry twice but isnt confirming

Hi

An elderly person who just recently joined airbnb contacted me for a very long reservations of 58 days. Obviously this is very interesting for me and I pre-approved. They never confirmed in 24hrs, so I assumed they had chosen another rental. 

They contacted me 30 hrs later,saying that they were happy the dates were available and wanted to reserve and to thank me for my reply. They obviously don't understand what is going on because they tried to write their email address and phone number so I could send them a contract!! I answered again and said they need to reserve again but they only sent another inquiry. I pre-approved it again and explained that they had to confirm but no response. 

I don't want to lose a 2 month rental but don't want to block my dates either. Any advice?

Thanks so much. 

2 Replies 2
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Stefanie53. You need to explain them how it works. Otherwise they will never book. Maybe they do not understand the whole process?

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

I tried explaining. I have left three messages but I don’t think they check their emails frequently. If any one knows of a link or video explaining how to reserve in Airbnb help, I’d be very thankful. Maybe I could send them that.