Clients who arrive who are not the ones in the booking!!

Answered!
Serin-and-Jo0
Level 2
Brisbane, Australia

Clients who arrive who are not the ones in the booking!!

Morning to everyone from beautiful Margate in Australia. 

We have had an interesting new booking where someone else made the booking on Airbnb and friends have come in to stay under their booking! Anyone else had this happen to them? 

Will be interested in the discussion.

Many thanks 

Jo

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Serin-and-Jo0 

I am sure you know as a Superhosts that  is against Airbnb's terms to accept third party bookings.

Personally I wouldn't have accepted them checking in. If something goes wrong either in terms of damage or their behaviour you may not be able to make a claim or get help from airbnb. It could also invalidate any home insurance you have for STR in the event you need to make a claim.

What did they say when you asked them why they hadn't made the booking themselves?

Having said all that there are hosts who are happy to accept third party bookings but normally when the person doing the booking discloses this in advance.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Serin-and-Jo0 

I am sure you know as a Superhosts that  is against Airbnb's terms to accept third party bookings.

Personally I wouldn't have accepted them checking in. If something goes wrong either in terms of damage or their behaviour you may not be able to make a claim or get help from airbnb. It could also invalidate any home insurance you have for STR in the event you need to make a claim.

What did they say when you asked them why they hadn't made the booking themselves?

Having said all that there are hosts who are happy to accept third party bookings but normally when the person doing the booking discloses this in advance.

Thank you Helen for your info. We were totally taken aback on arrival and a few things happening at once. I will certainly look into this further.

Reginah0
Level 2
Nairobi, Kenya

hallo @Serin-and-Jo0 its becoming a common thing,if you disclose early enough i guess its ok and the guest coming has some form of identification.but if you dont then we have a problem.

Maria1064
Level 2
Indianapolis, IN

We state up front NO third party booking.  We had a couple of people try and it just didn't work out.

Thank you @Maria1064 @Reginah0 I’ve just updated our listing! Appreciate your sharing of info! 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

We have had it a few times one a was a Russian agent which worked out fine as we made him pay on Airbnb and he took care of the arrival of the guest he sent us a few guest,

The worst one was we didnt know it was a third party booking until the guest arrived then the problems started before they entered the villa, we could see they were not the ones who booked and the guy started kicking of saying booked a villa on the beach, we dont say we are on the beach it's very clear what we say about the location, the short story is they didnt stay, we got paid the person who booked never contacted us and we also sent a minivan service to the airport and because we didnt have the right name and we had to pay, so we made an extra claim of $25. fair play to Airbnb they paid us right away.

The othr guys are right about 3rd party bookings consider if there was damage or stolen who do you claim against, tricky very

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

@Serin-and-Jo0  I open the ticket on third party bookings right away. And the operator from help center should confirm if it is a businesstrip. If not, then clients cancel. But, I said hundred times to airbnb representatives, that the host should be able to see in a menu if it is the third party booking or businesstrip, as we loose a lot of time confirming it. And as the budgets of many corporations are cut down to the minimum, everyone is trying to save extra money in their pockets and, as a usual, some secretary books for the entire office. And noone reads the house rules.