Clothes dryer not working properly

Answered!
Daniel9481
Level 2
Newburyport, MA

Clothes dryer not working properly

Hi,

here’s my situation I have a stackable clothes dryer that runs constantly when the door is shut if you set a heating cycle the clothes will dry properly and then the heating element will shut off but the dryer will keep running you need to open the door in order for the dryer to stop.

I have a technician coming on June 6 to repair the dryer however I have guest coming on June 4 how should I handle the situation the technician will need to be in the home to repair the dryer.

Regards, Dan

1 Best Answer
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Daniel9481  Message the guest now and tell them (not with the long explanation above) that you have a technician coming to repair the dryer on the 6th.  Say that you hope it will not be an inconvenience, but if it is, you will happily reschedule the repair.  If they say it would be an inconvenience, you will need to reschedule.  Chances are they will say it won't because they'll probably be out anyway, but it's important to pin this down now.  Tell them also that as soon as you know the arrival window you'll let them know, and assure them that you (or someone) will be there with the tech to make sure they're disturbed as little as possible.

I just had this situation today (with a washing machine), and I was relieved the guest was agreeable, because it's absolutely brutal trying to get things taken care of at my listing in Maine this season, as I imagine it is for you in Newburyport!

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Daniel9481  Message the guest now and tell them (not with the long explanation above) that you have a technician coming to repair the dryer on the 6th.  Say that you hope it will not be an inconvenience, but if it is, you will happily reschedule the repair.  If they say it would be an inconvenience, you will need to reschedule.  Chances are they will say it won't because they'll probably be out anyway, but it's important to pin this down now.  Tell them also that as soon as you know the arrival window you'll let them know, and assure them that you (or someone) will be there with the tech to make sure they're disturbed as little as possible.

I just had this situation today (with a washing machine), and I was relieved the guest was agreeable, because it's absolutely brutal trying to get things taken care of at my listing in Maine this season, as I imagine it is for you in Newburyport!

Daniel9481
Level 2
Newburyport, MA

Ann72, Thank you for your reply I was thinking the same thing so I’ll take your advice and I’ll reach out to them now and explain the situation wish me luck.

Thanks, Dan

Good luck @Daniel9481!  My washing machine technician just left, and I met the guest when he was there, and we had a really nice conversation, so it can go well!  🙂

Daniel9481
Level 2
Newburyport, MA

Hi Ann72,

I explain the situation to the guest and he was very understanding.

Thank you

That's great @Daniel9481.  Communication is everything!