Co host / Primary host (Reviews & Superhost)

Lisa-McKinney0
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Co host / Primary host (Reviews & Superhost)

Hello,

Wondering if someone knew the answer to this.

I have my own listings on Airbnb and have Superhost status.

I am the co host for someone else's properties however as I am the only contact and will be meeting the guests, it's better for me to be the Primary Host. I know I can change this but I'm wondering if the reviews on these properties would count towards my own Super Host status calculations or if they would remain with the original person who listed them?

Thanks in advance!

15 Replies 15

You need to read up on all the new co-host information: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/search?search_from=autosuggest&q=co-host

Corina1
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Would love to know the answer to this question also.

Unfortunately the link in the comments doesn't provide enough information.

Does anyone else know the answer to this?

Thanks! 🙂 

Alex386
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

Here is something I found on airbnb.com

"When it comes time for end-of-stay reviews, guests will be asked to review their stay as part of their experience on Airbnb. The review will show up on the listing page, as well as on the profile page for the listing adminr. Star ratings left by the guest can affect the Superhost status of the listing admin, but not the Superhost status of a co-host.

If a co-host is chosen to be the primary host, the guest will see the primary host’s profile picture throughout the review flow, but the rating will be left for the listing admin."

Michelle447
Level 1
Escondido, CA

Hi!

As a co-host, none of the ratings left for the listing admin will count toward your profile. 

Disappointing and a huge issue.

Michelle

I also take issue with this. Please go to airbnb.com/help/feedback and let them know your thoughts on this unfair situation. 

Tashi3
Level 2
California, United States

I've been co-hosting a house for someone that lives out of the country. The house has been booked solid since I listed it in august of 2016. I manage every detail from gas leaks, floods, backed up toilets, over flowing trash, cable and internet outages, dead rodents, new retaining walls, leaking pool, water heater replacement, moths, and a dying oak tree. The guests give me rave reviews but the host is the superstar.

isn't there a way that a co-host can get some recognition? A link or get cc’d to the house or houses we co-host.

What would I say on my LinkedIn or on my resume? That I'm an undercover superhost?

You could list the property under your account to gain full credit. The owner could be a co-host.

Personally I prefer the current setup as I have Superhost status based on a few properties, I want to cohost for someone privately but don't want the risk of contamining my status with things that might be outside of my control.

Tashi3
Level 2
California, United States

I thought of that but she won't swap from host to co-host. 

I love hosting and the guests love me but 1 house just doesn't cut it. Unfortunatly I need more work and she may need to find a new host some time.

Rp1
Level 7
Winnipeg, Canada

I'd like to throw in my voice for letting co-hosts share in the superhost credit.  I only recently started listing my place on AirBnB and my co-host has been the real magic in making it happen (I am mostly away), so I truly feel that the recent acquisition of superhost status should go to her as much as it does to me (or, frankly, just to her).

Ursula98
Level 1
Landers, CA

Just throwing in my two cents and agreement on this subject. It seems that cohosting is the direction our industry is going to manage remote listings and to help put cash flow back into the local community. As such, lets make it a path that cohosts like myself can be proud of. Let us proudly show on our profiles the hard work that is put into maintaining a cleanly and welcome environment for the many guests that come our way, 24/7. It requires a healthy amount of pride and dedication to maintain anothers home and present it in a warm, welcoming, and knowledgeable manner. It is more than the time spent cleaning or sending off an inquiry response. There are many hours that are spent worrying about guests, maintaining the property, working on improvements. I am proud of what I do and it would be nice to be able to show it.

I sent in feedback reflecting this, maybe if we all do that it will inact an additional feature that will solve our concerns. 🙂

Paloma64
Level 1
Philadelphia, PA

Agree with giving co-hosts credit for their work! If nothing else, make it a separate status (super co-host?) so we can use it as marketing to co-host other places. More importantly, has anyone noticed that the Air Bnb insurance guarantee doesn't cover co-hosts. I.e. if something happens at the house, and the host or the guest wants to blame the co-host for it, the co-host has zero protection from Air Bnb.

So this is my second year cohosting and I'm just realizing that all of these great reviews are not showing up on my account. In fact, I have zero, and people are probably wondering who the heck I am with 0 reviews. This appears to be a big problem. 

I could move the entire listing to my account. If I do that, can the homeowner still get paid directly when the house is rented? 

Yes, if you have the entire listing on your account, you can default payments to the owner account. 

Cathy730
Level 2
El Cuyo, Mexico

The issue with having all the listings you manage and co-host affect your Superhost status, is that once you manage a couple of different properties, if one owner does something out of your control that affects your status (like decides that he/she needs to use the house and cancels a booking), you loose the superhost on ALL of your properties.

So if you have several owners on your own account and just one does something to affect your superhost status, you lose it on EVERY property.

As such, whilst I totally agree that co-hosts should get recognition, it is best that reviews and superhost is specific to a property.

As someone mentioned, maybe a co-host superhost category needs to be added (that would have limited impact on other properties if something went wrong).

This status could be allocated by the owner at discretion (some co-hosts only get involved every now and then when the owner is on vacation so it couldn't apply to everyone).  

One thing that I do believe as a primary co-host is a problem is the lack of access to the background data that you get to see as the listing host - breakdown of performance ratings and feedback, occupancy levels etc. If you're managing the property as the primary host and it's you dealing with everything - you're working blind without this information (that is all available for the listing host who probably doesn't even know or care that it's there!)

I will be messaging airbnb regarding this...please do to!