Co-host can't see my messages to guests

Aurelia16
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

Co-host can't see my messages to guests

hello there, i have a situation. I just added a co-host and we would both like to see the messages, so we know who has replied. this is so the guests always have a quick reply and to be on the same page. Is there a setting `i can change?

13 Replies 13
Bryce6
Level 2
Mawheraiti, New Zealand

I have the same problem.  My co host cannot read all of the correspondence between the host and the guest.  Can anyone help on this, maybe there is a setting wqe need to change???

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Aurelia16 @Bryce6 I’ve noticed that I receive a text message on my phone from a guest but I can’t reply back. Before when you could answer back a guest in a text message, some text would get posted on your message board and some wouldn’t. So if you were responding using both the App and phone text message, it was choppy.

Also, there is no indication what guest the text message is from. So if they don’t put their name in the message, you’re screwed. 

The only way to guarantee that you are reading everything in messages correctly is to use the App and enter both cell phones in the contact via SMS section for notifications. 

The text messaging is only good for sending you a little zing that you have a booking or request. 

‘You know it’s hard out here for a Host’

How did y'all solve this?  I'm having the same issue, now.  My wife is seeing all of the reservations, but I "don't have access."  I see that the Calendar is blocked off, but I cannot see the guest reservation.

Thanh23
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The same here

Mile479
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

and of course Airbnb is silent and useless about this problem. Probably some privacy BS

Kira9
Level 1
Puerto Rico

Hi all, I've been having the same problem for the past 3 weeks. Yesterday they told me the problem affects many co-hosts globally. They suggested me to remove the co-host and add her again, I did that with 3 listing and everything looked fine, when I tried to do the 4th listing it kept showing a "Looks like you’ve already invited this person" message and there's no way to add her. Airbnb is usually useless solving any technical issues (and they have many).

I have been experiencing a similar issue the last 2-3 weeks. As a co-host I suddenly lost access to certain (though not all) guests’ message thread. I couldn’t access all the past messages I had sent those same guests anymore and their messages literally vanished (!) from my Inbox.

When I escalated this to Customer Service they said Engineering is aware of this and closed my case!

I was hesistant to try the trick of getting myself removed as a co-host and then added back as I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to those past messsges (as a co-host you don’t get access to “past” messages). But I was experiencing this with more and more guests across different listings...which is not acceptable!

So I reluctantly tried the trick (removal and re-adding)...and it worked!  All access (messages) restored and those “disappeared” messages are in my Inbox again.  Whew!

Sadly in return for the "forward" bookings becoming visible again, the past bookings no longer become visible to me now .  The workaround of being removed as a cohost and then added back means I've lost access to the messages I sent to previous guests when I was a co-host.  **bleep**.

same problem here co-host can't open chat's

Alice749
Level 2
San Diego, CA

My cohost also can't message guests. I tried removing her and adding her again, and she still don't have access to the messaging function for some guests. so lame!!

David7044
Level 2
Adpar, United Kingdom

I'm having this problem too. I'm wondering if it only blocks the co-host from seeing messaged sent prior to them being added as a co-host?

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@David7044 

When you add a co-host they can only see communications that happen from the point they’ve been added, much like when you add someone new to a whatsapp group.

As i suspected. Thanks for confirming ::)