Co-hosting Adjustment

Co-hosting Adjustment

I am getting charged $100 for every rental as a Co-hosting Adjustment. I do have a co-host, but I pay them seperatly. Does anyone know where this miney is going and how I get it back?

12 Replies 12
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Abe9

As I see it, your co-host has been enjoying double payment:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1540/what-are-co-host-fees

Thanks @Andrea9. Is there a way to have a co-host and not have Airbnb pay them anything? I just want them to have access to the calendar. 

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Abe9

I'm not too familiar with the program since I don't use it as host. Though I'd strongly be inclined to believe that as with every other payment regulation and charge, the rule is - if it's on the site, it's regulated on the site, so whatever you've checked off on your settings and/or is put in place there, will be implemented accordingly. I'd strongly assume it's done that way, so hosts can't undercut payment for their co-host.

To be really sure, best contact Airbnb

https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Abe9,

Welcome to the Community Center.

Just to add to the good tips @Andrea9 has shared with you, I wonder have you had a look at this Community Guide created by Dave here in the Community Center on the co-hosting process. When you invited your co-host to your account, there would have been a pop-up asking you how you would like to set this up 'Share Earnings', one of the options is to 'Not Share Earnings', I believe this is what you are looking for. If you didn't select this, then the easiest way to amend this might be to remove you co-host and then invite them again selecting this option. 

It would be great to hear how you get on with this. I hope to speak with you soon.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Lizzie

Thanks for clarifying that. I'd been hoping somebody in the know would jump on this thread!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww thanks @Andrea9. It would be great to hear if it works! 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Lizzie Let's hope @Abe9 gets it sorted out.

I only rent out a room, so don't have need for a co-host,

but I do like to stay on top of things on the site!

@Lizzie thanks for the tips, this was great. I was able to switch the allocation to not share earnings. Do you know what happens to the money that has already been "shared"? The co-host was not set up to receive anything. 

Laura100
Level 2
Oxford, United Kingdom

Wel, I just noticed that I am being charged co hosting adjustment without ever having a cohost. In paymnetbpreferences I have only my account so I really wonder where are all the money going. I am puzzled that this has been going on for many months... any advice please?

thanks

laura

Francesca-and-Jam0
Level 1
Cologne, Germany

I am a co-host since July 2017 and everything runs fine a part that I also receive, in addition of my % of the earning decided at the beginning with my friend, an extra amount that is not shown in my transaction history. My friend sees this specific amount in his transaction history as a co-host adjustment.

I send him back every month the amount of these "adjustments" but it would be a lot easier if I shouldn't do it. From what I see I shouldn't get that money in first place.

Can you help?

Laura100
Level 2
Oxford, United Kingdom

I just noticed that I am being charged co hosting adjustment for every guest without ever having a cohost. I checked and In payment preferences I have only my account so I really wonder where are all the money going. I am puzzled that this has been going on Since February... any advice please?

thanks

Laura

Steven429
Level 2
Gorham, ME

I too have the same situation.  I never entered any payout for my co-host as we do that privately, yet I was just charged $50 for "Co-hosting Adjustment."  I checked to see the co-host payout form and it shows blank, which makes sense because I never entered anything.  I'm not sure how Airbnb arrived at that amount and why it made the deduction.  On top of that, my co-host checked her bank account and never received the funds and doesn't remember ever entering bank information.  So it appears that Airbnb made the $50 co-hosting adjustment and has the funds on their side currently.  Airbnb support couldn't figure out why and where the money is yet and they will get back to me in the next 24-48 hours.  Something is clearly off here.

Steve